Comcast Reboots TiVo Deal
- Cox joins Comcast in TiVo guide deal. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the deal that Cox Communications Inc. has made with TiVo Inc., which allows subscribers of Cox video services to select the TiVo navigational system as their guide for digital cable service. Cox joins with Comcast Corp. in adopting the TiVo navigational system. According...
- Pace and Tivo employing a Trojan horse? Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;2/27/2012, p5
The article reports on a partnership between Britain's set top box maker Pace and digital video recorder (DVR) vendor Tivo to develop products for hybrid services with broadcast and web-based content. The deal affects U.S. cable company Comcast, which may reportedly deploy a branded Tivo DVR by...
- Second act. Anderson, Diane // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR52
Focuses on the deal of cable operator Comcast with TiVO in which TiVO would provide digital video recorder (DVR) for Comcast's set-top boxes. Estimated value of the deal; Plan of DirectTV to market a competing DVR device from NDS Group; Amount spent by Comcast for advertising in 2004.
- Comcast Records TiVo Deal. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;3/21/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
Provides information on a digital video recorder (DVR) distribution deal between cable operator Comcast Corp. and TiVo Inc. Number of DVR sold by Comcast in the fourth quarter of 2004; Benefits of the deal for Comcast; Views of Mark Hess, Comcast senior vice president of digital television, on...
- TIVO PREMIERE USERS TO GET COMCAST XFINITY. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/16/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p10
The article reports that as of May 2011, Comcast's Xfinity service will soon provide on-demand content on TiVo Premiere set-top digital video recorders (DVR), to begin in the San Francisco Bay Area in California.
- TiVo no longer cable foe. // CED;Jan2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on several developments in TiVo Inc. in the U.S. The company has supported the cable industry's OpenCable Platform specification. Meanwhile, it is noted that Comcast Corp. has planned to market TiVo's DVR service to its customers. Tom Rogers, chief executive officer (CEO) of...
- BRIEFS. // Cable World (10427228);5/12/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p9
Presents an update on the cable industry in the U.S. as of May 2003. Features of an advertising campaign launched by Comcast; Theme of the first Cable Industry Education Summit; Cable service offered by TiVo.
- Comcast Accord Gives TiVo a Lift. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the partnership of cable television company Comcast Corp. with Tivo to develop a software for its discrete-variable representation platform. Significance of the partnership to TiVo; Background on TiVo; Factors that led to the partnership.
- TiVo a problem? No, ad solution. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;6/6/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 23, pS-4
Reports on the partnership between TiVo and Comcast to develop a system to insert relevant and targeted advertisements into programming that is being played back at another time. Goal of the initiative; Benefit of the partnership to Comcast; Way in which digital video recorders can make...