Privacy-Protection Bills Mounting Up Against Online-Behavior Ads
- Privacy Pleas: D.C. Gets Moving. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p20
The article focuses on the Rockefeller and Markey bills introduced by Senator Jay Rockefeller and Representative Ed Markey which are intended for the online advertising industry. It states that the Rockefeller bill requires online companies to respect the choice of consumers if they do not want...
- Consolation prize. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p63
Comments on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) tough rate regulation for cable. House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Edward Markey's (D-Mass.) demand of a rollback of 30 percent or more; Acting Chairman James Quello's insistence that the rollback be 10 percent; Details.
- Take a letter. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p63
Speculates Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey's action after the House Telecommunications Subcommittee convenes a hearing on the impact of television violence on children. Open letter from Markey; Call to curb amounts of excessive violence on television.
- Multimedia show. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p79
Reports on House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey's putting together a Capitol Hill multimedia exhibit for May 25, 1993. New technologies from cable and telephone companies and other players in the construction of the telecommunications superhighway.
- D.C.'s Markey: custodian of U.S. info superhighway. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;1/24/94, Vol. 353 Issue 12, p23
Profiles Congressman Ed Markey, chairman of the House telecommunications subcommittee. Age; Career history; Family background; Job responsibilities; 1990 Children's Television Act; 1992 Cable Act; Views on the information superhighway.
- What investors can expect from Congress in '93. Simon, Ruth // Money;Mar93, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p19
Presents an interview with Rep. Edward Markey (D-Mass.), chairman of the telecommunications and finance subcommittee of the House Energy and Commerce Committee. He discusses the laws affecting small investors expected to be passed by Congress in 1993. Legislation to regulate financial...
- Markey high on independents. K.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/28/93, Vol. 123 Issue 26, p29
Reports on House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey's speech on local independent television stations' important role in defining the information superhighway. Speech before a meeting of the Association of Independent Television Stations; Number of attending general managers;...
- Markey wants on-ramps to information superhighway. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/93, Vol. 123 Issue 51, p11
Reports on House Telecommunications Subcommittee Chairman Ed Markey's letters to the nation's largest telephone companies and cable operators. Asking of plans to connect America's schools to the information superhighway.
- Double-edged sword. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p89
Reports that US Representative Edward Markey has been congratulating broadcasters for their efforts to adopt a content ratings code.