- Pal Joey. Blum, D. // New York;5/2/88, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p46
Joe Mantegna, 40, is starring on Broadway (with Madonna) in `Speed-the-Plow,' a new play written by his good friend David Mamet. Mantegna has been on Broadway before--in Mamet's `Glengarry Glen Ross,' for which he won a Tony Award in 1984.A profile.
- Father hood. Castro, Peter; Morton, Danelle // People;05/19/97, Vol. 47 Issue 19, p193
Highlights actor Joe Mantegna. Background information on Mantegna; Career highlights; His role in the television program `Mario Puzo's The Last Don'; When his career began; Family information.
- A Joe from Chicago. Mamet, D. // Vogue;Apr91, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p308
Profiles actor Joe Mantegna. Background in Chicago; Many film roles include `Homicide,' `The Godfather Part III' and others.
- Easygoing Tough Guy: Joe Mantegna. Mills, Bart // Biography;Sep2000, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p90
Profiles actor Joe Mantegna. Characters portrayed on-screen; Personal background; Education; Career history; Major accomplishments; Film credits. INSETS: Madonna's Hero.;A Man of Many Parts..
- Who's in town. Tanner, Louise // Films in Review;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 43 Issue 1/2, p38
Features actor Joe Mantegna his life and career as an actor. Mantegna's portrayal of George Raft in the movie `George Raft Story'; Mantegna's writing career; His favorite movie role; More information.
- MEMORIAL DAY 2013. // Army Magazine;May2013, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p80
A photograph of American actor Joe Mantegna, who will be participating in the annual Memorial Day Concert in Washington DC on May 26, 2013, is presented.
- Bring the `Bum' Back. Abarbanel, Jonathan // Back Stage;03/13/98, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p19
Reports that actor Joe Mantegna will host the 1998 Awards for Excellence in the Arts, presented by the Theatre School of DePaul University in Chicago, Illinois. Other appointment of Mantegna in Chicago.
- WHAT IS HE RUNNING FOR? // Television Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p2
Describes a photograph that features U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell and Douglas Halonen, a Washington bureau chief for the 'Television Week," which appeared in the August 21, 2003 issue of "The New York Times."
- The Old Country. Eaton, Kristi // Oklahoma Today;Sep/Oct2015, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p31
The article reports on a parcel of land in Oklahoma that is link to the past of actor Joe Mantegna's family. Topics include the boyhood home of Joe's father in Kreb that reminds him of his ties to Oklahoma, his grandfather Salvatore who started Mantegna's family ties to the state, and Joe's plan...