HBO Drives Charity Auto Racing Effort
- PLAYING TO A BIGGER AUDIENCE. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/6/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the pay-television (pay-TV) industry in Asia. Recovery of the pay-TV distributors in the region; Impact of the World Cup in the region on the pay-TV subscribers; Marketing strategy of Home Box Office Inc.
- Barrera-Morales Fight Gets 300,000 PPV Buys. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
Reports the pay-per-view (PPV) of boxers Marco Antonio Barrera versus Eric Morales fight in Home Box Office hit channel. Gross buys of the fight; Role of Barrera on the success of the fight; Expectations on the performance of the fight; Success of the fight in drawing viewers.
- HBO going, going... Santo, Brian // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses how the cable television network HBO is losing business by not offering its HBO Go channel as a straight-up service and contends that many consumers do not want to subscribe to both a pay television service and to HBO.
- Cable sag hits pay TV. // Daily Variety;9/6/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 41, p1
The article reports that the launched of HBO Go and "Game of Thrones" of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. helped the company to make up for the decline in the subscription on their pay television program and cable program area.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...
- Premium nets post rebound. // Daily Variety;3/20/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 56, p1
The article reports on the data from SNL Kagan which reveals the growth of pay television (TV) channels during the last quarter of 2011such as Home Box office Inc. (HBO), Showtime Networks Inc. and Starz Entertainment LLC.
- 'Last Round' goes to HBO. // Daily Variety;8/22/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the U.S. pay television rights acquired by Home Box Office Inc. to the Chilean title "My Last Round," by Julio Jorquera.
- Series grab the headlines, but movies remain the steady player. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA17
The article focuses on the international expansion of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) which is said to be successful in pay television (TV) distribution of theatrical films in the U.S.
- Passionate niches lead cabler to riches. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA19
The article focuses on the success of Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in 2010 in the U.S.