Transparency, Navigation Will Drive VOD Ads
- Dead or playing possum? McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;11/27/95, Vol. 229 Issue 22, p52
Reports that video dial tone (VDT) technology seems to be sinking under the weight of regulations and emerging alternative video delivery technologies. Multiple steps in providing VDT service; Approval of VDT applications by the Federal Communications Commission; Regulation for cable television...
- AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL SKETCH. Carter, Robert E. // Quarter Century of Value Inquiry;1994, p90
The article offers the author's insights regarding his passion for philosophy, wherein he first encountered philosophy during his undergraduate education at Tufts University. The author says that he developed his passion for philosophy, but kept his intense commitment to religion and to a life...
- Technical and regulatory issues stall HongKong telecom's VOD service. Long, Geoff // Telecom Asia;Apr96, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on technical and regulatory issues affecting Hong Kong telecommunication's video on demand service. Regulatory uncertainties; Contract negotiations; Comments from industry executives.
- Report: VOD Awareness Low. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/21/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on a Centris Research survey which revealed that consumer adoption of video-on-demand in the U.S. is low as of 2010.
- Enter video-on-demand. Whelan, Carolyn // Electronic News;08/31/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2234, p1
Focuses on the increase in the popularity of the video-on-demand (VOD) in the United States. Development of electronic commerce by electronics companies conducting VOD trials; Opportunities offered by VOD's viability for component makers; Other technology that could accelerate VOD buying. ...
- CORRECTION. // Multichannel News;1/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p36
Presents a correction to an article concerning dynamic advertising insertion that was previously published in the Broadband Week section of the January 3, 2005 issue of "Multichannel News."
- BROADCAST. // B to B;5/5/2008, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p39
The article offers information on strategies adopted by various television (TV) broadcasts in the U.S. to attract business-to-business advertisers. It mentions that the TV program "Closing Bell" on the CNBC TV network targets the at-work crowd, and in the first quarter of 2008, it attracted an...
- Comcast betting big on free VOD. Mermigas, Dianne // Electronic Media;5/6/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p13
Reports the impact of video-on-demand by the Comcast Corp. to the customers in the United States. Relevance of video-on-demand in television; Accessibility of video-on-demand to the viewers; Features of video-on-demand.
- Say bye-bye to your Blockbuster. Swann, Phillip // Electronic Media;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p15
Focuses on the impact of video-on-demand (VOD) service offered by cable television networks on the video retail business. Advantages of the service to viewers; Expectations of the cable television officials from the VOD service; Shortcomings of the service; Challenges faced by video retail...