Survey: VOD's Potential Is Untapped
- Cox tries ad-backed VOD. Elkin, Tobi // Electronic Media;8/19/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p2
Reports the launch of the cable trial of an ad-supported video-on-demand service (VOD) from Cox Communications in the U.S. Inclusion of the Coca-Cola Diet Coke, Kraft Foods and Sony Music Entertainment advertisement; Introduction of the VOD service; Impact of service on the digital cable...
- VOD advertising held back by poor quality control. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;5/14/2012, p17
The article discusses a report by British media logistics specialist IMD that noted that the fast-growing video on demand (VOD) advertising industry is being held back by lack of tools and standardized quality controls for copy production and delivery.
- VOD Ads Must Remove 'Friction' to Hit Scale. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;11/19/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p6
The article offers information on the importance of implementation of ads in free video-on-demand system in U.S.
- Dynamic Ads Show Potential. // Multichannel News;3/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that a panel session at the Multichannel News/Broadcasting and Cable (B&C) Advanced Advertising event held in March 2012 highlights the advantage obtained by television (TV) advertisers, distributors, and programmers from dynamic advertisement insertion in video on demand (VOD).
- Transparency, Navigation Will Drive VOD Ads. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p11
The article offers information on the video-on-demand (VOD) advertising as a tool for data transparency and easy navigation in business advertising in New York.
- CANOE: VOD ADS MADE BIG IMPRESSION IN '15. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;1/11/2016, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses data released by Canoe, a joint venture of cable operators, regarding increase in demands for commercials in cable video-on-demand (VOD) programming in 2015 and also mentions that VOD advertisements are attractive to advertisers because they can target viewers by geography.
- CANOE: VOD ADS MADE BIG IMPRESSION IN '15. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;1/11/2016, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p17
The article discusses a report from joint venture firm Canoe which shows that advertising impressions in free video-on-demand (VOD) increased from 6.3 billion in 2014 to more than 11 billion in 2015.
- VOD Incubates Long-Form Ads. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p48
Focuses on the advertising format used by video-on-demand service providers in the U.S. Effectivity of the VOD advertising format; Flexibility advantage of a VOD advertising format; Willingness of advertisers on adopting the VOD advertising format.
- Putting TV into the hands of consumers. Bloxham, Mike // New Media Age;12/19/2002, p15
Discusses the significance of digital developments such as video-on-demand (VOD) and personal video recorders (PVR) to the advertising and media industry in Great Britain. Benefits of viewers from VOD and PVR; Comparison between VOD and PVR; Assessment of the core value of VOD and PVR.