For Carol Wheeler, Aiding Kids' Cause Comes Naturally
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/11/2009, Special section p1
A list of nominations submitted by U.S. President Barack Obama to the Senate from January 20 to September 10, 2009 is presented, including Steven Chu of California to be Secretary of Energy, Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York to be Secretary of State and Thomas Andrew Daschle of South Dakota to...
- Time for another 'Gang of 14' agreement. Davis, Lanny // Hill;4/22/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p24
In this article, the author discusses the preparation of U.S. President Barack Obama to nominate a Supreme Court justice for the replacement of John Paul Stevens and the probable preparation of Republicans to filibuster someone they regard too liberal.
- APPOINTMENTS. // Hill;2/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p9
The article reports on the nominations of Jennifer Di Toro, Henry F. Floyd and Susan K. Stern by U.S. President Barack Obama to serve in various government offices in the country.
- Obama appoints three gays to prominent positions. Keen, Lisa // Bay Windows;2/3/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that U.S. President Barack Obama has named two prominent gays to important positions in his administration and an openly gay attorney to a judgeship.
- Obama makes Cabinet nominees official. Sink, Justin // Hill;1/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
The article reports that three Cabinet secretaries and the next director of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) were announced by U.S. President Barack Obama on Monday.
- Hagel should not be confirmed. Pletka, Danielle // Hill;1/22/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
The author comments on U.S. president Barack Obama nominating Chuck Hagel as Defense secretary.
- Senate should test judges, not investigate them. Goldman, Deborah // Pipe Dream;4/16/2010, Vol. 77 Issue 19, p7
In this article, the author discusses the difficulty of the confirmation process for the nomination of a new Supreme Court justice by U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Tsa Vacancy Is Politically Dangerous For Obama. // AirGuide Online.com;4/5/2010, p2
The article reports on the political threat of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration's (TSA's) vacancy to President Barack Obama.
- Rep. McHugh adds to Obama's GOP cadre, gives Dems a chance. Blake, Aaron; Tiron, Roxana; O'Brien, Michael // Hill;6/3/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 63, p6
The article reports on the nomination of Republican Rep. John McHugh as secretary of the U.S. Army by President Barack Obama.