Commish Bolts for Comcast
- The FCC's New Image Problem. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p13
The article discusses the decision by Meredith Attwell Baker to leave the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and join Comcast Corp. as a senior vice president of government affairs. The move which has happened months after the FCC cleared Comcast to acquire NBC Universal Inc., has...
- The Beltway Reacts to FCC Commissioner Baker's Departure. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p3
The article presents insights from various political persons in Washington D.C. including FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski, National Association of Broadcasters president Gordon Smith, and president/chief executive officer Craig Aaron of Free Press on the resignation of Federal Communications...
- Title II Is Looming for ISPs. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/12/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Tom Wheeler at 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), has hinted that variant of Title II common-carrier network regulations could be implemented to restore network-neutrality rules in the U.S. Topics...
- MINORITY CONTENT HELPED SEAL NBC UNIVERSAL DEAL FOR COMCAST. LEE, EDMUND // Advertising Age;1/31/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses the approval of the merger of mass media industry companies Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The role of a promise by Comcast to create new cable television networks owned and managed by members of minority groups in...
- Comcast Hits Keep On Coming. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the proposal of a 30 billion dollar content joint venture by Comcast Corp. with NBC Universal Inc. but it is still waiting for the approval coming from Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Comments on NBC, Comcast Flood FCC. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;6/28/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p4
The article discusses how the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has received comments regarding efforts by the telecommunications firm Comcast to purchase a majority stake in the media company NBC Universal.
- COMCAST, NBC, W.C. FIELDS, AND BROTHERLY LOVE. // Media Industry Newsletter;2/7/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission has approved Comcast's ownership of 51 percent of NBC Universal.
- MERGER NAYSAYERS MEET. Harris, Paul // Daily Variety;7/14/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) field hearing at the Northwestern University Law School in Chicago regarding the impact of the proposed merger between Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc. on online video and multichannel video programming.
- Lines in the Sand. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/14/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p42
The author reflects on diversity issue in the U.S. It highlights the Comcast Corp. and NBC Universal Inc.'s deal that went sour after a diversity issue has taken place. The author suggests that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has to be stern in regulating network management while...