Don't Leave Home Without It
- Using CDC's Health-related Quality of Life Scale on a College Campus. Zullig, Keith J. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p569
Objectives: To evaluate the performance of the US Centers for Disease Control's health-related quality of life (HRQOL) scale among 522 college students. Methods: Chi-square analysis assessed scale construct validity and analysis of variance (ANOVA) with selected tobacco, alcohol, and substance...
- The Role of Basic Needs Fulfillment in Prediction of Subjective Well-Being among University Students. T�RKDOGAN, Turgut; DURU, Erdin� // Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice;Autumn 2012, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p2440
The aim of this study is to examine the role of fulfillment level of university students' basic needs in predicting the level of their subjective well being. The participants were 627 students (56% female, 44% male) attending different faculties of Pamukkale University. In this study, subjective...
- Priced to move. Postrel, Virginia I. // Reason;Feb97, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p4
Editorial. Reports on the manufacture of high quality goods and services in the United States. Tendency of Americans to take good fortune for granted; Availability of report `Toward a More Accurate Measure of the Cost of Living' prepared by economists led by Michael Boskin.
- ZIMBABWE'S STRUGGLE. Howerton, C. // Junior Scholastic;10/15/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p8
The article presents information related to basic needs of the people in Zimbabwe.
- �NIVERSITE �GRENCILERININ SORUNLARI. Sahin, Idris; Firat, Necla Sahin; Zoraloglu, Yunus Remzi; A�&3x0131;kg�z, Kemal // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p1435
The purpose of this research is to illustrate what the most important problems of university students are. The research was conducted on a total of 1512 first and last year students at 13 public universities. The data was collected through the open-ended questions asked to the students. The...
- THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOME. Slart, Jess // Jerk Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p18
The article offers the author's insights on the status of the Syracuse University (SU) College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) in Syracuse, New York. The author believes that ESF has been taking advantage of SU by using various facilities of the school. The author also stresses the...
- Recycling Mania. Padgett, Carol Badaracco // Waste Age;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
Features the collegiate competition aimed to promote campus recycling in Ohio and Florida. Invitation for college students to collect large amount of recyclables from on-campus apartments, residence halls and dining facilities; Acceptable recyclables for the contest; Prizes awaiting the winners.
- IRONMAN WHITETAILS. Blake, Joe // Bowhunter;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p44
Presents tips on bowhunting. Location of an ironman ambush site; Necessity of food and water for the hunters; Need of patience in waiting for the big game.
- Meeting the Challenges of Global Human Needs. Brannon, Patsy M.; Q., Rebecca; Morgan Dean, James C. // Human Ecology;Dec2002, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on global human needs from a multidisciplinary perspective. Challenges faced by human that give rise to needs; Factors that collectively constitute global human needs; Strategies through which we can meet global needs.