Investigating the Influence of Political Stability of the Aid-Growth Relationship in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Panel Data Approach
- Political Stability and Economic Growth in Asia. Younis, Muhammad; Xu Xiao Lin; Yahya Sharahili; Selvarathinam, Santhirasegaram // American Journal of Applied Sciences;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p203
This study investigates the effects of various factors of political instability on economic growth in selected ten Asian economies during 1990-2005. Our empirical findings show a close relationship between political stability and economic growth. We have analyzed the data by using ordinary least...
- MONOGOLIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Russia & CIS;Nov2010, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p12
The article offers information on various issues related to the risk summary in Mongolia including the country's political stability, the slow growth of the M2 money, and the increase of its capital abroad.
- Can Novgorod's Greatness Rub Off on Putin? Dinello, Natalia // Problems of Post-Communism;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on the promotion of political stability and economic growth in Novgorod, Russia. Link between the business and government; Civic mobilization in the area; Relation between the social profiles and cognitive outlooks of the leaders.
- BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Confronting Challenges, Maxamizing Opportunities;2007, p161
A bibliography on the subject of political stability and economic development is presented which includes the books "The Juggernauts: The Age of the Big Corporation," by Graham Bannock, "Civil Liberties and Human Rights," by Helen Fenwick, and an article "Commodity Exports," by Byron Blake.
- From the Editors. // Executive Intelligence Review;4/4/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the discussion on the financial bail-in crisis, the choice between Brack Obama's war and Chinese President Xi Jinping's offer of economic development, and the destabilization of Asia.
- Guinea-Bissau: More than nuts. N. F. // African Business;Jun2014, Issue 409, p41
The article says that the ongoing presidential elections in Guinea-Bissau is expected to help in the formation of a stable government which will need to focus on the nation's economic development and reducing its dependency on export of cashew nuts.
- Sociopolitical Instability and Economic Growth Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka. Changsheng Xu; Wen Xing Li // American Journal of Applied Sciences;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p1029
Sociopolitical instability severely affects economic growth in short and long run. This study analyzes that sociopolitical instability measured by proxy measure; annual growth rate of tourist arrivals in Sri Lanka during 1960-2005 adversely affects economic growth. Our empirical findings based...
- BMI Ratings -- Brief Methodology. // West Caribbean Business Forecast Report;2008 1st Quarter, p6
The article focuses on the four ratings included in the BMI Ratings. The composite rating is used as an unweighted mean of the short-term political and short-term economy ratings, while political ratings are an indicator of political stability. The economy ratings is used to assess the degree to...
- Towards a brighter future? Gearon, Eamonn // Middle East;Mar2011, Issue 420, p30
The article focuses on the referendum which aims for the separation of northern and southern region of Sudan. According to the author, the declaration of the separation will be held on July 9, 2011 and will make South Sudan as the 54th nation of Africa with its capital city Juba. He adds that...