Fortescue Metals Drops $1B TL
- Fortescue Cuts Price on $4.95B Term Loan. // Leveraged Finance News;11/11/2013, Vol. 3 Issue 43, p2
The article presents information on the reduction in the price of a 4.95 billion dollar term loan by Fortescue Metals Group Ltd. of Australia. This loan is for six years and being used by the mining firm to refinance its existing debt. According to the rating agency Standard and Poor's Corp.,...
- Unable to Woo Investors, Several Issuers Yank Loans. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;5/30/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p24
The article reports on the cancellation of several issuances in the leveraged loan market in May 2011 as a result of a lack of investor interest. Both Fortescue Metals Group and Smart & Final withdrew their credit facilities worth one billion U.S. dollars and 400 million U.S. dollars,...
- North Star resource increases. // Mining World;Feb2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the 72% rise of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd.'s North Star magnetite deposits in Port Hedland, Western Australia.
- Expansion plan approved. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2011, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p11
The article provides information about the expansion plan of Fortescue Metals Group in Australia which includes a 6.4-billion-U.S. dollar investment in heavy haul rail and port facilities, the doubling of the existing track, and the construction of a 130 kilometer branch to a mine that will be...
- Cavotec wins major new order for Port Hedland. // Ausmarine;Feb2012, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p35
The article reports that Fortescue Metals Group has purchased 24 MoorMaster automated mooring technology from Cavotec MSL Holdings to be used in Port Hedland, Western Australia.
- FMG Plans $1B Drive-By HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;10/31/2011, p2
The article reports on the plans of Fortescue Metal Group to issue a 1 billion U.S. dollar drive-by high yield bond.
- POINTERS. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2013, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p28
The article reports on the developments in the global railway industry, including the negotiations being conducted by Fortescue Metals Group with several interested groups over its planned sale of a minority share in its Pilbara infrastructure operation in Australia as of mid-2013.
- Iron-ore major Fortescue Metals has seen a 40% decline in its net profit. // African Business News;2/22/2013, p11
The article reports on the 40% decline of iron-ore producer Fortescue Metal Group Ltd.'s net profit for the six months to December 2012.
- Gaines adds external role. // Travel Daily;3/ 1/2013, p1
The article announces that Travelworld executive director Elizabeth Gaines was appointed non-executive director at Australian mining company Fortescue Metals Group Ltd.