- New electronics. // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p40
Features electronic boating equipment. Furuno USA's FM-2610 VHF; Interphase's Echo 640/Pilot GPS dual frequency fishfinder; Simrad Inc.'s Shipmate RS 5400 fishfinder. INSET: Alden recalls EPIRBS..
- NOAA weather forecasts by phone. Griswold, Whit // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr95, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on BOAT/U.S.' Weather Watch, a marine weather radio broadcasts service via a 900 number over a touchtone phone. Cost; Contact information.
- New electronics. // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr96, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p36
Presents electronic fishing boat gadgets. Includes a very high frequency (VHF) or short wave radio from Apelco Marine Electronics; Compact global positioning system (GPS) from Koden; Hailer and intercom from SEA Inc.
- SI-TEX ColorPlot 10. // Salt Water Sportsman;May98, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p52
Features the SI-TEX ColorPlot 10 commercial-grade track/chart plotter for boats. Main features; Operating process; Contact information.
- Electronics gear. // Yachting;Oct97, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p64
Features various equipment and supplies related to electronics in yachting. Furuno's 1832 Daylight Radar; Portable stereo from Sharp; Nav-Add 8000 NT from Sci-Tex.
- Interpreting VMG. Brogdon, Bill // Yachting;Nov97, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p60
Discusses how receivers on boats arrive at velocity made good (VMG) calculations. Examples illustrating different ways to interpret the VMG.
- Electronics gear. // Yachting;Nov97, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p82
Introduces electronic boating equipment. Flat-panel liquid crystal display (LCD) from Cascade Technology Corp.; Furuno's GP1610CF LCD chart plotter, Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver and fish finder; MarineMap software from Jeppesen.
- Electronics '98. // Yachting;Dec97, Vol. 182 Issue 6, p60
Introduces electronic boating equipment. Includes Robertson's AP20 autopilot; Pinpoint Systems International's DVS-1000 electronic charting equipment; Magellan Systems' GPS Pioneer global positioning system.
- Electronics roundup. // Yachting;Aug98, Vol. 184 Issue 2, p50
Features various boat electronic equipment. Includes three-dimensional radar; Weathertight tunes; GPS charting.