NZMS introudces new training for harbour pilots
- Sailing through sea-time for NZMS cadets. // Ausmarine;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on the competence and preparedness of the graduates of the New Zealand Maritime School in Auckland, New Zealand when it comes to establishing a long-term maritime career.
- Opportunities beckon at New Zealand Maritime School. // Ausmarine;Jun2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p32
The article focuses on the training opportunities offered by New Zealand Maritime School (NZMS) and the benefits that it can give to Australian Yacht Crew. The author discusses the reasons why NZMS is chosen by maritime professionals for their MCA Chief Mate and Master Yacht certificates....
- Wild blue blunders. Stark, E. // Psychology Today;Oct88, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p30
Better communication and teamwork are not just a matter of improved performance among an airline cockpit crew, they are literally matters of life and death. Discusses how many airlines are mandating Cockpit Resource Management (CRM) courses, which involve a modified version of typical...
- Sea Knight Weapons System Trainer. // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the installation of an upgraded CH-46E Sea Knight Weapons System Trainers at MCAS Tustin, California and MCAS New River, North Carolina. Provision of pilots with more realistic training scenarios; Accuracy of representations of other aircraft and naval vessels.
- GETTING LUCKY: A FRESH START ON A NEW CAREER. KARL, DICK // Flying;Dec2013, Vol. 140 Issue 12, p74
The author discusses his experience of changing career from being a medical surgeon to an aircraft pilot.
- Teaching Glass. Hopkins, Jay // Flying;Aug2007, Vol. 134 Issue 8, p43
The article reports on glass cockpit training of pilots in the United States.
- Guest Blog: ATP Tests Grind to a Halt. // AVweb;10/10/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 41b, p9
A blog related to pilot training for the airline transport pilot license (ATP) is discussed.
- safety & training. // Free Flight;Aug2009, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p20
The article lists the things that the Soaring Association of Canada's committee is working on in 2009 including the development of training packages in on-line formats, completion of detailed accident reports and the development of a trainer of simulator project.
- Eglin AFB gears up for RAAF pilots. Bergmann, Kym // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Sep2010, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p11
The article focuses on the training of the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) pilots from the U.S. and other countries at the Eglin Air Force Base (AFB) in Florida. It notes that the first batch of international pilots will be coming from Great Britain and that the pilots from the U.S. might...