- 'ORC15.6.'. // Ausmarine;Nov2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p22
The article highlights the ORC15.6, a pilot boat built by Hart Marine for the Albany Port Authority in Western Australia. It relates that the ORC15.6 was designed to be a self-righting vessel that could withstand the larger swell conditions encountered around the Southdown project northeast of...
- Hart Marine. MACINTYRE, IAIN // Ausmarine;Jan2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p30
The article reports that Ausmarine's award for best pilot boat builder for 2012 was received by boat builder Hart Marine, for their "ORC Pilot Boat" based on the design by French naval architects Pantocarene.
- Hart Marine. BROWN, MIKE // Ausmarine;Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p34
The article features the boat building company Hart Marine based in Victoria. It offers a background of the company founded by Mal Hart and its foray into building pilot boats. It also discusses the commission from Port Phillip Sea Pilots (PPSP) in Victoria that led to the ORC Pilot Boat family...
- The gunning dory. Butler, Paul; Butler, Marya // Outdoor Life;Aug93, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p32
Describes the construction of the gunning dory. Suitability for rivers or large lakes; Making a superior boat for wildlife photography and fishing; Lightweight feature; Versalitity; Construction as relatively simple; Recommended compartments. INSET: Plans available..
- Winged dinghy. Stevenson, P. // Popular Science;Mar88, Vol. 232 Issue 3, p78
Designs for a boat that combines the most appealing features of some of the best build-your-own sailing dinghies. This 12-footer is ultra cheap and ultra easy to build, for solo or dual sailing.
- Don't rock the boat. McKeown, B. // Popular Science;Feb89, Vol. 234 Issue 2, p74
Two novel boat hulls that reduce the rock and roll of rough seas are being fitted to luxury pleasure craft. The catamaran-like hulls gain stability differently: One has submerged pontoons that cruise smoothly below waves; the other has a cushion of pressurized air that rides above turbulence.
- Yachts of the PACIFIC NORTHWEST. Caswell, Chris // Yachting;Jan2007, Vol. 201 Issue 1, p78
The article discusses the characteristics of yachts of the Pacific Northwest and describes some of the products offered by boatbuilders in the region.
- The fine craft of rowboats. Kirkpatrick, C. // Country Journal;May/Jun90, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p50
Gives advice concerning rowboats. Rowboat design; Hull type and bottom shape; Dories; Tips on oarsmanship; Oar designs and oarlocks; Sculling, sails, and outboard motors. INSET: The fine art of rowing.;Reading..
- The easy-to-build scow. Vara, Jon // Country Journal;Sep/Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p61
Explains how a versatile watercraft can be built in a weekend for about $100. Materials; Construction details; Finishing touches; Oars and oarlocks.