Ron Boswell declares war over "massive" marine reserve expansion
- Senator Ron Boswell starts marine parks petition. // Ausmarine;Sep2012, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
The article informs that Queensland Senator Ron Boswell has started a petition to collect the signatures of citizen for opposing the federal government's plan regarding marine park.
- Australian senator warns against fisheries job losses in Cairns. // Ausmarine;May2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p14
The article presents a warning from Australian National Party Senator Ron Boswell on job losses in Cairns due to the development of new marine reserves in the Gulf of Carpentaria and the Coral Sea.
- Threat of "massive" marine reserves. Baird, Neil // Ausmarine;May2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p5
The author discusses the opposition and concerns raised by Queensland Senator Ron Boswell regarding the marine reserve plans of the Australian government for 2011. He questions the lack of reactions from the fishing and marine tourism industries and other politicians on the issue. He offers a...
- Boswell: What's the price of marine parks propaganda? // Ausmarine;Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p13
The article reports on the urge of Queensland Senator Ron Boswell for Environment Minister Tony Burke to detail the costs of a Labor Government propaganda film about its looming marine parks.
- Australian senator accuses foreign-based lobby group of calling the shots. // Ausmarine;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that National Party's Senator Ron Boswell has accused environmental lobby group Pew of pressuring the federal government to create a Coral Sea Conservation Zone in Australia. Boswell said that Pew's agenda is to lock-up the Coral Sea from any use. Environment Minister Peter...
- NEWS. // Professional Fisherman;Mar2005, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p8
Reports on news items concerning professional fisherman in Australia as of March 2005. Criticisms of Queensland Nationals' Senate Leader, Ron Boswell, against plan of Premier Peter Beattie to further restrict Queensland's commercial fishing industries through the declaration of a Great Sandy...
- Winter's wonderland. Fleming, Jason // PM Engineer;Jan2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the expansion project in Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) in Florida. CMA was founded in 1972 as a sanctuary for local marine wildlife. Under the expansion project, CMA's Animal Care Zone will double its capacity for rescuing sea turtles. A key part of the expansion...
- Boswell: Coral Sea "no take" zone a "very real threat.". // Ausmarine;Jan2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on the opposition of Australian National Party Senator Ron Boswell on the Coral Sea Conservation Zone covering 972,000 square kilometers of Australian waters and seabeds.
- This land is your land? Coyle, Jay // Yachting;Apr97, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p20
Comments on the controversy surrounding the designation and management of Florida Keys as a National Marine Sanctuary. Provisions of the sanctuary program; Implications of the program for boaters; Agencies responsible for responding to and initiating damage assessment and restorations;...