Albany Port Authority requests pilot boat proposals
- Durban. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Nov97, Issue 226, p30
Discusses how Durban, South Africa could become one of the world's superports in the next two decades. Upgrading of cargo handling volumes; Enlargement of the container handling area; Commissioning of the new general cargo quay; Expansion of the conventional breakbilk facility; Transforming...
- Miami: A mega-port for mega-ships. Myers, Laura L. // Travel Agent;1/1/96, Vol. 278 Issue 4, Cruise Desk p1
Looks at the Port of Miami and its expansion. Architectural features highlighted; Information on its Discovery Center; Docking capacity.
- Cargo reports show upriver port may be on the rebound. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/30/95, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p19
Reports on the performance of the Port of South Louisiana in Baton Rouge. Cargo activity; Recovery from the 1994 recession; Earnings in 1994; Financial figures for 1995; Exports; Relationship with other industries; Location of the port's properties.
- Port of Houston reopens grain terminal. // Traffic World;7/29/96, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p42
Reports on the reopening of the public grain elevator at Port of Houston last July 22, 1996. Handling of summer harvest; Suspension of elevator's license due to faulty recordkeeping.
- Go slow worries as Columbo cracks one million. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Sep97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on the growth in the volume of cargo handled in 1996 by the Port of Colombo in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Concerns of international competition by port officials; Emphasis on developing the port's facilities in anticipation of an increase in foreign shipping demands.
- Setting sail for growth. // Caribbean Business;11/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p20
Editorial. Comments on the mismanagement of the Port of San Juan in Puerto Rico. Problems that have plagued the port; Insight into plans aimed at revitalizing the port; How the port can provide Puerto Rico with the advantage to become a major player in the transhipment business.
- Port of San Juan sets sail for growth. Garza, Daniel R. // Caribbean Business;11/27/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p22
Focuses on efforts to convert the badly mismanaged Port of San Juan in Puerto Rico into a world-class facility. Who the port's main competitors are; Statistics on volume handled by the port on a daily basis; What must be done to transform the port into a major transhipment center. INSET: Ports...
- Miami to prepare port for larger cruise ships. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/18/95, Vol. 235 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the Miami City Commission's approval of the Port of Miami's expansion projects. Budget allocated for the purposes; Expansion goals.
- Coffee brings major perks to New Orleans and its port. Delevett, Peter // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p15
Provides information on New Orleans port described as the leading coffee port in the nation. Total amount of coffee beans imported through the port last year; Comparison of the coffee beans imported during 1996 to 1997; Comments from Don Holly, administrative director of the Specialty Coffee...