Royal Australian Navy acquires second-hand British LHD ship
- Australian Submarines Upgraded. Sherman, K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p20
Reports that the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) submarines HMAS Dechaineux and HMAS Sheean have completed a year-long electronic upgrade program and have returned to their base in Perth. Improved features of the submarines' electronic systems; Plans of the RAN to contract a replacement combat system.
- Clock ticking for sub replacement program. // Ausmarine;Dec2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the goal of the Australian federal government to replace the Collins-class submarines of the Royal Australian Navy before 2026.
- Sinking feeling. Martin, Brett // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/20/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6106, p20
Reports on the problems with the locally based, world-class Collins submarine project of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN). Disruption of the planned transfer from the old Oberon class submarines; Problems with the submarines' combat computer software; Roles the Collins class boats were due to...
- HMAS Manoora Decommissioned. // Australian Maritime Digest;Jun2011, Issue 202, p9
The article reports on the decommission of the HMAS Manoora, a helicopter capable amphibious transport ship of the Royal Australian Navy (RAN), at Garden Island, in Sydney, New South Wales on May 26, 2011, after 17 years of humanitarian and disaster mission services.
- World Naval Developments. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep99, Vol. 125 Issue 9, p121
Focuses on news and developments in the Australian Navy as of September 1999. Status of the Royal Australian Navy's Collins-class submarines; Completion and operation of the fleet; Profiles of the submarines; Problems encountered.
- HMAS 'Perth.'. // Ausmarine;Jul2006, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p18
The article reports on the final ANZAC frigate to the Royal Australian Navy in Melbourne, Victoria on June 16, 2006 completing the ANZAC Ship Project valued at 7 billion Australian dollars. The completion took nearly 17 years to complete after the contract signature. All the ships have been...
- HMAS Yarra gets UCG. // Medal News;Apr2014, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p8
The article announces that HMAS Yarra II ship of the Royal Australian Navy was presented with the Unit Citation for Gallantry (UCG) award by Governor-General of Australia Her Excellency the Honourable Quentin Bryce on March 4, 2014.
- JAPANESE SUBMARINE LOOKING MORE LIKELY. BERGMANN, KYM // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;Oct2014, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p12
The article presents questions and answers related to Japanese submarines on topics including familiarity of Japanese submarines to Australian Navy, opportunity for sourcing submarines, and plans of Australian Navy on collaboration for the future Japanese warship projects.
- LHD 'Adelaide ' completes final sea trials. // Ausmarine;Oct2015, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that Adelaide, landing helicopter dock (LHD) ship of Australia, has completed sea trials in Port Phillip, Victoria and mentions its use by the Royal Australian Navy.