Australian Government seeks passenger ferry tenders for Cocos Islands
- Buses, pÃºblicos and ferry system, all to chip in to boost Urban Train's ridership to 100,000 daily. Márquez, Carlos; Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;7/19/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p27
The article reports on the proposal of integrating all modes of transportation system including buses, taxis, bicycles and ferries to boost Urban Train's (UT) ridership to 100,000 daily in Puerto Rico. The reconfiguration and integration of all modes of transportation is expected to increase...
- Funding for New Scotland-Europe Ferry. // Logistics & Transport Focus;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p21
Government funding of over 12 million pounds towards for the capital cost of setting up a daily ferry service between Scotland, Rosyth, Belgium and Zeebrugge has been agreed in principle by British Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions Stephen Byers. The service will...
- Training and technical assistance for local government in Hungary: A critique and suggestions for... Buss, Terry F.; Vaughan, Roger // East European Quarterly;Sep95, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p389
Evaluates the training and technical assistance for local government in Hungary. Features of American local government assistance; Other international initiatives to help the local government in Hungary; Problems with the local government assistance; Recommendations.
- Local government entities 1993. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 14, 1995 LI Almanac p14
Presents a chart illustrating the number of local government entities in Long Island, New York as of 1993. Municipal corporations; Special purpose units; Special districts; Fire districts; County districts.
- Local government entities 1994. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/25/96 Supplement Almanac, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p14
Lists government entities in Long Island, New York in 1994. Municipal corporations; Special purpose units; Special districts in towns; Fire districts; County districts.
- Romance and the appointment commitment. // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p2
Presents advices to queries pertaining to local government service in the United States. Regulations of the local governments on employees who are planning to leave the community in less than two years.
- A low-stress way to cut purchasing costs. Newman, Stanley // Public Management (00333611);Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p27
Focuses on the local governments' cost reduction strategies in the United States. Extension of bidding process; Internet usage; Other cost-reduction tools.
- Local self-government and the development of territories. Strongina, M. // Russian Social Science Review;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p16
Argues that nonstate status of local self-government in Russia is the principal guarantee of real self-government in government. Proofs of the unviability of the existing system of local self-government; Zemstvo experience as the history of struggle for popular representation; Legislative...
- The debureaucratization of Chicago. Rategan, Catherine A.; O'Hare, Kenneth // Training & Development;May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p95
Discusses the implementation of the Models of Excellence program by the government of Chicago, Illinois. Results of MOE at the Chicago Public Library; Department of Health; Cook County Central Services; Cook County Hospital; Department of Housing; Chicago Park District; Forest Preserve District...