Valuing your vessels, for what it's worth…
- EPA's Category 3 Marine Emissions Standards. Snyder, Sandra Y. // Brooklyn Law Review;Winter2005, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p1065
Presents an analysis of the rules promulgated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 2003 to regulate the environmental emissions from large cargo and cruise ships. Discussion of the EPA Category 3 emissions regulations; Description of international standards that regulate Category 3...
- Freighter Launch. // Air Cargo World;Dec2005, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that a new flurry of 747-400 freighter orders pushed the aircraft past the 150 mark, more than twice the orders for all-cargo editions of the 747-200 and Boeing Co. appears eager to keep up the momentum. The manufacturer signed Cargolux and Nippon Cargo Airlines Co. (NCA) as...
- Shipping Council Proposes Vessel-Emissions Standards. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/25/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p7
The article focuses on the World Shipping Council's proposal for a tiered efficiency system to measure gas emissions of shipping vessels.
- Toot Spews Soot. Leifert, Harvey // Natural History;Oct2008, Vol. 117 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses the emission of soot from ships. Tugboats are especially focused upon, as a survey of shipping lanes along the U.S. Gulf Coast found that these vessels emit four times more soot than previously thought, making them the most pollutive of all ships. The survey also found that...
- Cargo ship departures. // Caribbean Business;1/19/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p48
Presents a schedule for the departure and arrival of cargo ships in San Juan and Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Boeing bullish on cargo too... Sutton, Oliver // Interavia Business & Technology;Nov96, Vol. 51 Issue 604, p8
Shares information on the forecast report `World Air Cargo Forecast,' released by Boeing. Percentage of total airline revenues for air-cargo; Expected number of freighters needed in the year 2015; Where the biggest increase in freighters will come; One of the biggest drivers in the air freight...
- Untitled. // Caribbean Business;8/12/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p58
Presents a chart showing the schedule of cargo ship departures and arrivals in Puerto Rico. San Juan Port departures; Ponce Port departures; San Juan cruise ship arrivals; Name of ship; Agent; Cargo; date; Destination.
- Sea-Land's D-7 10th anniversary. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct97, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p12
Looks at transportation in Anchorage, Alaska. Celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Sea-Land D-7 class cargo service on August 19, 1997; Capabilities of Sea-Land's D-7 vessels; Information on the M.V. Sea-Land Anchorage, the M.V. Sea-Land Tacoma, and the M.V. Sea-Land Kodiak.
- Global carriers lay groundwork for expected surge in all-water services to Mexico. Brennan, Terry // Traffic World;11/15/93, Vol. 236 Issue 7, p65
Reports on the plan by global carriers to launch port privatization programs. Direct service to Mexico by A.P. Moller-Maersk; Reduction of intermodal transit time; Mexican government's overhaul of the Port of Topolobampo as port of entry for American goods; Improvement projects at the port;...