Crystal structures of Burkholderia cenocepacia dihydropteroate synthase in the apo-form and complexed with the product 7,8-dihydropteroate
- A disease called 'sixty-five roses'. // Nature Structural Biology;Dec2002, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p887
Provides information on cystic fibrosis (CF). Cause of CF; Increase in efforts to educate the public about preventing CF; Initial screen for CF.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS NO LONGER A FATAL DISEASE. Braverman, Jane // Exceptional Parent;Nov2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p87
Provides information on cystic fibrosis. Background on the disease; Life expectancies of patients; Diagnosis of the illness; Treatment of the disease.
- Activation of the epithelial Na+ channel (ENaC) requires CFTR CI- channel function. Reddy; Light, M.M. // Nature;11/18/1999, Vol. 402 Issue 6759, p301
Examines the ion channel regulation in the genetic disease cystic fibrosis. Dependence of epithelial Na+ channel on CFTR activity; Primary defect in Cl- channel permeability in cystic fibrosis; Factors in the reduced salt absorption in cystic fibrosis.
- Genetic Data on Cystic Fibrosis (Mucoviscidosis). // Clinical Pediatrics;Jun1972, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p333
Presents an abstract of a study about genetic data on cystic fibrosis by R. Gilly, M. Hermier, J. M. Robert, M. J. Challamel and G. Gery.
- Cystic fibrosis: Low frequency of DF508 mutation in 2 population samples from Rio de Janeiro... Cabello, Giselda M.K.; Moreira, Adriana F. // Human Biology;Apr99, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p189
Examines blood samples from cystic fibrosis (CF) patients from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for the 8 European CF mutations. One of the most common recessive single gene disorders in white individuals; Strategies for estimating CF incidence in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Standards for clinical use of genetic variants. // Nature Genetics;Feb2014, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p93
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including cystic fibrosis mutation database mutations, identifying mutations that impair the genome's ability to repair its DNA sequence, and statistical model for genetic disorders.
- Testing for Cystic Fibrosis. // Fertility Weekly;7/28/2003, p7
Describes the case in which a man was diagnosed with CBAVD after having two children by means of intracytoplasmic sperm. Implications for family planning, genetic counselling and systematic molecular testing for cystic fibrosis; Mutation screening for cystic fibrosis; Investigation of the...
- Cystic fibrosis care guidelines launched. // Australian Nursing Journal;Mar2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
Announces the launching of guidelines for the treatment of cystic fibrosis by the Clinical Standards Advisory Group of the Cystic Fibrosis Care Alliance (CFCA) in Victoria. Background information on CFCA; Benefits of the guidelines.
- Make a Wish. // Teen Ink;Apr2008, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p36
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of living with cystic fibrosis and being given a chance to make a wish through Make a Wish Foundation.