Assessment of function and clinical utility of alcohol and other drug web sites: An observational, qualitative study
- Some Good Advice. Sispear, Pearlie Bee // Winner;Nov2004, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p13
Gives advice on the health effects of drinking alcoholic beverages and drug use.
- Alcohol and drugs. Farrell, Michael; Strang, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/22/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6825, p489
Focuses on the challenges in the management of alcohol consumption and drug abuse in Europe. Assessment of the nature and extent of the problem; Patterns of intermittent and explosive drunkenness; Increase in drug movement within and between countries. INSET: Helpful target.
- Drink spiking. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;6/1/2010, p21
The article offers information the attributes of drink spiking, the drugs used in beverage spiking and the symptoms encountered by the victims.
- You Cannot Delegate Leadership. Fields, Gary M. // Educational Leadership;Mar1988, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p33
Examines key elements relevant to alcohol and drug use prevention in Washington. Leadership from the school superintendent; School-community partnership; Development of substance abuse prevention programs.
- Declaration of zero tolerance ... and then what? NORTON, TIMMY // Eastern Door;10/11/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p9
The article focuses on issues concerning drug and alcohol use in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Selling the Social Norm. Angelo, Jean Marie // University Business;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p32
Deals with social norms campaigns, often transmitted via posters, brochures and Web sites and designed to reduce peer pressure to drink. Information on the Friends Initiative program launched by Georgetown University in Washington, D. C.; Reason social norms marketing does not send a strong...
- 1999 Public Policy Conference on alcohol and other drugs. // NCADD Washington Report;Feb99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Highlights the 1999 Public Policy Conference on Alcohol and Other Drugs in the United States. Priority for parity for substance abuse treatment.
- Work-related Fatal Injuries in 1998. Weber, William; Cox, Cherron // Compensation & Working Conditions;Spring2001, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p27
Examines drug and alcohol abuse by U.S. workers discussed in toxicology reports in 1998. Information on the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries, a Federal-State cooperative program that compiles a roster of fatal work-related injuries; Data limitations of toxicology reports; Views on the...
- Sobering Times for Teens. Butterfield, Fox // New York Times Upfront;2/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the decline in teenage smoking, drinking and illegal drug use in the U.S. based on a survey conducted for the National Institute on Drug Abuse as of February 7, 2003. Other findings of the survey; Speculation of some experts on the decline; Background on the survey.