Using population attributable risk to choose HIV prevention strategies in men who have sex with men
- Incidence of HIV infection in homosexual men in London, 1988-94. Miller, E.; Waight, P.A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/26/95, Vol. 311 Issue 7004, p545
Reports on the age specific incidence of HIV infection in homosexual men in London, England from 1988 to 1994. Open cohort method; Importance of the identification of a subgroup at high risk of infection.
- International HIV/AIDS groups need to focus more on MSM, amFAR says. // AIDS Alert;Apr2008 Supplement, Vol. 23, p1
The article reports that some institutions that aimed at preventing AIDS have overlooked the epidemic of HIV among men who have sex with men (MSM) in resource-limited countries, according to amFar chief executive officer Kevin Frost.
- Odds for detecting HIV varies by method, new study finds. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/12/2011, Vol. 21, p413
The article focuses on the importance of multi-faceted HIV-prevention measures because diagnosis of HIV among African-American men could differ by methods.
- Hygieia. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Oct2004, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p882
This article presents information related to public health and hygiene. Debate rages as to the suitability of male circumcision as a preventative public health measure despite strong evidence suggesting it can be protective against HIV infection. Bearing this in mind, researchers elected to...
- Erratum to: Networking Activities and Perceptions of HIV Risk Among Male Migrant Market Vendors in China. Wang, Wenqing; Muessig, Kathryn; Li, Mingqiang; Zhang, Ying-Xia // AIDS & Behavior;Feb2014 Supplement, Vol. 18, p152
A correction to the article "Networking Activities and Perceptions of HIV Risk Among Male Migrant Market Vendors in China," that was published in a previous issue is presented.
- Exterminating exaggeration. // Echo Magazine;2/13/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p48
Focuses on the protest held by the gay community and the U.S. public health officials regarding a 'Rolling Stone Magazine' article that chronicles the life of an HIV-positive gay men who sought infection with the virus for erotic reasons. Highlights of the article; Concerns of public officials...
- Motivating men who have sex with men to get tested for HIV. Blas, Magaly M.; Menacho, Luis; Alva, Isaac E.; Orellana, Roberto // Retrovirology;2012 Supplement 1, Vol. 9 Issue Supplment 1, p1
An abstract of the article "Motivating men who have sex with men to get tested for HIV," by Magaly M. Blas, Luis Menacho, Isaac E. Alva, and Roberto Orellana is presented.
- HIV and Insurance. Schoettes, Scott // Echo Magazine;4/12/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p90
The article provides an answer on what kind of insurance is available for a gay man who is infected with HIV to keep his health insurance if he changes jobs.
- Responding to HIV among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Northern Territory. Aanundsen, David // HIV Australia;Dec2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
The article focuses on the response of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on HIV infection in the Northern Territory. Topics discussed include an overview of HIV/AIDS, information on the first National Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander Gay Men and Transgender Sexual Health Conference...