Health systems performance in sub-Saharan Africa: governance, outcome and equity
- PRENATAL AND DELIVERY CARE AND CHILDHOOD IMMUNIZATION IN QUATEMALA: DO FAMILY AND COMMUNITY MATTER? Pebley, Anne R.; Goldman, Noreen; Rodríguez, Germán // Demography;May96, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p231
This article focuses on family choices about pregnancy-related care, and the use of childhood immunization in Guatemala. In Guatemala, as in many countries, the public and the private sectors developed alongside and generally in isolation from several other preexisting medical belief and...
- Comprehensive Perinatal Centers in the Era of Managed Care. Hartline, John V // Journal of Perinatology;Jan1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Discusses perinatal centers in the era of managed care. Name of the person who helped in implementing the concept of the perinatal center in programs; Components of the perinatal center; Reasons for hiring neonatologists by the medium sized hospitals; Activities demonstrated by the New...
- Making Moms Part of the Team. // AHA News;09/21/98, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p2
Discusses how families at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland, Washington have worked with hospital staff to shape Evergreen's maternity program. Details on the participation of mothers in a volunteer program; Education program being offered by the hospital; Benefits of Evergreen's program.
- Quality of Maternal Health Care: A Call for Papers for a Maternal Health Task Force--PLoS Collection. Lattof, Samantha R.; Wegner, Mary Nell; Langer, Ana; Barbour, Virginia; Clark, Jocalyn; Jones, Susan; Norton, Melissa; Simpson, Paul; Veitch, Emma // PLoS Medicine;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 11, Special section p1
A call for papers on the quality of maternal health care is presented.
- Perinatal health services: an immodest proposal. Chalmers, Lain; Oakley, Ann; Macfarlane, Aidan // British Medical Journal;3/22/1980, Vol. 280 Issue 6217, p842
Comments on the proposed perinatal health services. Criticism on the policies for active induction; Efficacy of the proposal in lowering perinatal mortality; Need to consider the size of hospitals.
- Changing practice in maternity care. Keirse, Marc J N C // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/17/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7165, p1027
Editorial. Presents information on maternity care in Great Britain; Significance of assessing the effectiveness of clinical interventions; Details on the implementation of randomization, a process conducting a randomized trial among patients to determine the most effective medical intervention;...
- The introduction of intrapartum and postnatal aromatherapy service. Jardine, Maggie; Wade, Susan // British Journal of Midwifery;Mar2002, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p155
Focuses on the emphasis of the national policy in placing quality health care in Great Britain. Provision of flexible responsive maternity service on women's needs; Increase in the demand for complementary approaches to care; Exclusion of pregnant women.
- Estimation of the Immunization Coverage in Mayotte in 2010. Jean-Louis, Solet; Noemie, Baroux; Tinne, Lernout; Laurent, Filleul; Alice, Petit; de Montera, Anne-Marie; Fabienne, Mazeau; Florence, Folliot-Garou // Open Public Health Journal;2013, Vol. 6, p1
Objectives: A survey was carried out in 2010 in order to assess the immunization coverage among children and adolescents living in Mayotte, a French collectivity located in the South Indian Ocean. Methods: This is a transversal two-stage cluster survey. Data was collected for 676 randomly...
- Increased use of recommended maternal health care as a determinant of immunization and appropriate care for fever and diarrhoea in Ghana: an analysis pooling three demographic and health surveys. McGlynn, Natalie; Wilk, Piotr; Luginaah, Isaac; Ryan, Bridget L.; Thind, Amardeep // Health Policy & Planning;Sep2015, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p895
Objective Enhancing maternal and child health are key Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). This study examined whether increased utilization of recommended maternal health care (MHC), is associated with factors that improve children's health; specifically, complete immunization and appropriate...