Study of recent and future trends in place of death in Belgium using death certificate data: a shift from hospitals to care homes
- EVALUATION OF PROLONGED HOSPITAL BED OCCUPANCY IN A UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. // Nobel Medicus Journal;Jan-Apr2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p68
No abstract available.
- Transitional care model proves its worth. // Hospital Peer Review;Sep2009, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p108
This article explores the trend of transitioning patients from hospital to home or any post-acute care in the U.S. in 2009.
- Ask: The Nursing Expert. Barnett, Anne Marie // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2012, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p10
The article provides an answer to a question related to incorporating hospital services into home care.
- Impact on mortality following first acute myocardial infarction of distance between home and hospital: cohort study. Wei, L.; Lang, C. C; Sullivan, F. M; Boyle, P.; Wang, J.; Pringle, S. D.; MacDonald, T. M. // Heart;Sep2008, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p1141
Objective: To investigate the effect of distance between home and acute hospital on mortality outcome of patients experiencing an incident myocardial infarction (Ml). Design: Cohort study using a record linkage database. Setting: Tayside, Scotland, UK. Patients: 10 541 patients with incident...
- A tale of two house calls. Williams, C. Basil // Medical Economics;02/22/99, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p133
Relates the author's experience while conducting home visits as a physician. Differences in families' handling of the dying moments of relatives.
- Homeward bound. Branley, Elizabeth // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8A
The article focuses on the stabilization of home health agencies in New Orleans, Louisiana. James Aldridge of Ochsner Home Health emphasizes that population shifts has caused the industry to re-evaluate its business strategies. The Medicare Prospective Payment System helps the industry to become...
- care, transitional. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p373
A definition of the term "transitional care" which refers to health care services for patients after hospitalization before they return to their homes is presented.
- Randomised controlled trial of effectiveness of Leicester hospital at home scheme compared with... Wilson, Andrew; Parker, Hilda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/11/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7224, p1542
Presents a study which compared the effectiveness of patient care in hospital at home scheme with hospital care. Participants and methods used in the study; Discussion of results; Conclusions.
- Exsanguination of a home hemodialysis patient as a result of misconnected blood-lines during the wash back procedure: A case report. Allcock, Kerryanne; Jagannatha, Balaji; Hood, Christopher J.; Marshall, Mark R. // BMC Nephrology;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p28
Background: Home hemodialysis is common in New Zealand and associated with lower cost, improved survival and better patient experience. We present the case of a fully trained home hemodialysis patient who exsanguinated at home as a result of an incorrect wash back procedure. Case presentation:...