An Outbreak of Varicella among Schoolchildren in Taipei
- Varicella Surveillance in Public Elementary Schools -- Multnomah County, Oregon, 2002-2004. Perkins, S.; Fratto, J.; Lee, L. E.; Cieslak, P. R.; Lorber, E.; Ho, H.; Kohn, M.; Zimmerman, L. A.; Guris, D. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;3/25/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p274
Describes the varicella surveillance in Multnomah County, Oregon, public elementary schools conducted by Oregon Health Services and Multnomah Education Service District in 2002-2004 to monitor changes in varicella incidence. Surveillance system used; Incidence of varicella during school year...
- BAN THE bug. Brown, Emma-Charlotte; Catalano, Anita // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/20/2003, p51
Provides information on several diseases that can be transmitted to school children. Symptoms of chickenpox; Means of contacting conjunctivitis; Clinical manifestations of impetigo.
- A Pox on My House. Koren, Tedd // American Chiropractor;2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p36
Discusses the nature of the chicken pox disease. Manifestations of the disease; Immunological benefits provided by the disease to children; Ways of caring for children with chicken pox.
- Chase a virus with a virus? Kirby, Philip // Cortlandt Forum;02/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p124
Describes the case of a 22-year old man who never had a viral infection after being afflicted with chicken pox. Immunity to herpesviruses.
- Chicken pox redux. // Consumer Reports on Health;Apr2000, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p2
Provides information pertaining to chicken pox.
- Juvenile spring eruption. Hopcroft, Keith // Pulse;4/28/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 14, p23
The article presents the case of a seven-year-old male who developed a localised blistering rash associated with chicken pox.
- chickenpox. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p429
A definition of the term "chicken pox" is presented.
- SURVEILLANCE ON VARICELLA IN EXTREMADURA, SPAIN, THROUGH THE SENTRY SYSTEM. Blanco, G. C.; Macho, P. V.; Diaz, M. M. A.; Fernández, C. R.; Aceitero, J. M. R. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Aug2004 Supplement 1, Vol. 58, pA74
The objective of this study was to know the epidemiology of varicella in the autonomous region of Extremadura, Spain, and to decide on the convenience, need and efficiency of implanting strategies of vaccination. During the period 2001-2003 varicella was surveyed by a random selection of 26...
- Zoster Immune Globulin (ZIC) Program. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1973, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p671
Reports on a nationwide program conducted by the Center for Disease Control for the distribution of zoster immune globulin (ZIG) through its regional consultant system. Indications of ZIG; Characteristics of children at high risk of severe varicella; Necessary criteria for the eligibility for...