Factors associated with compliance among users of solar water disinfection in rural Bolivia
- Household based treatment of drinking water with flocculant-disinfectant for preventing diarrhoea in areas with turbid source water in rural western Kenya: cluster randomised controlled trial. Crump, John A.; Otieno, Peter O.; Slutsker, Laurence; Keswick, Bruce H.; Rosen, Daniel H.; Hoekstra, R. Michael; Vulule, John M.; Luby, Stephen P. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/3/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7515, p478
Objective To compare the effect on prevalence of diarrhoea and mortality of household based treatment of drinking water with flocculant-disinfectant, sodium hypochlorite, and standard practices in areas with turbid water source in Africa. Design Cluster randomised controlled trial over 20 weeks....
- Assessing Exposure in Epidemiologic Studies to Disinfection By-Products in Drinking Water: Report from an International Workshop. Arbuckle, Tye E.; Hrudey, Steve E.; Krasner, Stuart W.; Nuckols, Jay R.; Richardson, Susan D.; Singer, Philip; Mendola, Pauline; Dodds, Linda; Weisel, Clifford; Ashley, David L.; Froese, Kenneth L.; Pegram, Rex A.; Schultz, Irvin R.; Reif, John; Bachand, Annette M.; Benoit, Frank M.; Lynberg, Michele; Poole, Charles; Waller, Kirsten // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Feb2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 110, p53
Assesses the exposure in epidemiologic studies to disinfection by-products (DBP) in drinking water in the U.S. Limitation on information regarding identity, toxicity and pharmokinetics of DBP; Interrelationships between DBP and other parameters within a municipal water distribution system;...
- Evaluation of the efficiency of a UV plant for drinking water disinfection Cabaj, A.; Sommer, R. // Water Science & Technology;1993, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p357
No abstract available.
- EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF DISINFECTION PROCESSES ON THE FORMATION OF BIOFILMS IN POTABLE SURFACE WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS. Momba, Maggy N.B.; Cloete, T.E.; Venter, S.N.; Kfir, P. // Water Science & Technology;1998, Vol. 38 Issue 8/9, p283
Evaluates the impact of disinfection processes on biofilm formation in potable waster distribution systems. Relation between biofilm formation and depletion of residual disinfectant concentration; Presence of residual disinfectant in the system.
- Drinking Water Security: Coping in a Time of Challenge. Engelhardt, Terry // WaterWorld;Mar2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p16
Editorial. Examines the security of community water systems for the drinking water in the U.S. Monitoring of the government agency on the safety of drinking water system; Inclusion of chlorine in the security monitoring of the water system; Use of disinfectants for killing and inactivating...
- Solar Disinfection Improves Drinking Water Quality to Prevent Diarrhea in Under-Five Children in Sikkim, India. Rai, B. B.; Pal, Ranabir; Kar, Sumit; Tsering, Dechen C. // Journal of Global Infectious Diseases;Sep2010, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p221
Background: Solar radiations improve the microbiological quality of water and offer a method for disinfection of drinking water that requires few resources and no expertise and may reduce the prevalence of diarrhea among under-five children. Aims and Objectives: To find out the reduction in the...
- Balancing the Risks and Benefits of Drinking Water Disinfection: Disability Adjusted Life-Years on the Scale. Havelaar, Arie H.; De Hollander, Augustinus E.M.; Teunis, Peter F.M.; Evers, Eric G.; Van Kranen, Henk J.; Versteegh, Johanna F.M.; Van Koten, Joke E.M.; Slob, Wout // Environmental Health Perspectives;Apr2000, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p315
Studies the applicability of disability adjusted life-years (DALY) to measure the health effects of drinking water disinfection. Comparison of the risk of infection by ozonation of water to risk of cancer from bromate; Calculation of health benefits in DALY; Uncertainty on the application of DALY.
- Microbicidal effect of reflected UV radiation in devices for water disinfection Sommer, R.; Haider, T.; Cabaj, A. // Water Science & Technology;1996, Vol. 34 Issue 7/8, p173
No abstract available.
- Don't Mistreat . . . Your Water! Stryker, Rick // Camping Magazine;May/Jun2005, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p1
Examines several parameters in water compliance regulations and its impact on the camping industry. Impact of coliforms on water; Chemicals that can disinfect drinking water; Information on ultraviolet disinfection.