When Do Chief Marketing Officers Have Influence on Top Management Teams?
- Making the most of your firm's capabilities. Evaristo, Roberto; Zaheer, Srilata // Business Horizons;May2014, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p329
Abstract: In this Executive Digest, we make the case that aggregate individual expertise as a resource and intrinsic capability of the firm are hidden in plain sight, or worse, are assumed to exist where they do not. With high levels of complexity, business diversity, and number of geographical...
- Heard the One About the CMO? Agan, Tom // Brandweek;3/5/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p22
The article reports on the trend in chief marketing officer (CMO) tenure. A brief history of the chief information officer (CIO) is presented. Senior-level marketing people like CMOs grew up with mass media, television, and print advertisements. Mass media marketing may be replaced by...
- Slings and arrows... Pettengell, Tony // Personnel Today;3/10/2009, p12
The article focuses on the contribution that human resources (HR) professional can make in pulling the organisation out of the current economic crises and ensuring a safer future. It suggests that first step should be to cull those at the top, rather than those struggling to earn a living down...
- COGNITIVE SUPPORT FOR SENIOR MANAGERS' DECISION MAKING IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY. Reid, Randall C.; Gilbert Jr., Arthur H. // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Apr2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p58
Previous research reveals a number of reasons why senior management does not take an active role in decision making concerning information systems security. A major reason is the technical nature of the subject and the difficulties in communicating with security personnel. A methodology is...
- Masthead. // Real Simple;
Photographs of various executives are presented including John Huey, James Kelly and Ellene Wundrok.
- How do you find your perfect No. 2? Harnish, Verne // Fortune.com;12/5/2013, p1
The article discusses what executives should look for when selecting a deputy executive on topics including the wisdom of not limiting choices to past colleagues and once a choice is made, looking for short-term opportunities to collaborate.
- Changes in the Corner Office. WILSON, CHUCK // Systems Contractor News;Jan2014, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
The article focuses on the comparison of the confidence level of executives in current time and about twenty years back.
- WHEN LEADERS LOSE IT. // People Management;Oct2014, p29
The article presents several stories sent by readers about their worst bosses.
- INSTITUTE NEWS. // BioScience;9/1/1971, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p922
The article announces several appointments including Donald Amsbaugh as president at the American Association of Bioanalysts, E. D. Rudolph as vice presidents at the American Bryological & Lichenological Society, and L. K. Henry as treasurer at the American Fern Society.