WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT…HIGH PURITY WATER
- Fitting In with GP Lenses. Bennett, Ed; Brown, Marlane; Resnick, Susan // Review of Optometry;Mar2006 Supplement, p9
The article offers a step-by-step instruction on fitting Gas Permeable contact lenses.
- INTRODUCTORY REMARKS. Riley, Colleen M. // Review of Optometry;6/15/2010 Supplement 2, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on the science and history behind ACUVUE OASYS Brand Contact Lenses and another on pressing issues from the brightest minds in the contact lens field.
- Defy Dry Eye And Avoid Dropouts. Hom, Milton M. // Review of Optometry;07/15/2000, Vol. 137 Issue 7, p47
Discusses strategies that optometrists can use to help patients with dry eye continue to wear contact lenses. Studies showing that discomfort and dryness are among the reasons patients drop out of contact lenses; Treatment of marginal tear film deficiency in prospective contact lens patients;...
- Are We Better Prepared This Time for 30-Day Extended Wear? Shovlin, Joseph P. // Review of Optometry;1/15/2002 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 139 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Comments on the safety and efficacy of extended wear in the U.S. Approval of silicone hydrogels by the Food and Drug Administration for 30 days of continuous wear; Solutions to the risk of ulcerative keratitis due to overnight use of contact lenses; Ability of the hybrid materials...
- See change. Barone, Jeanine; Gotthardt, Melissa // Men's Health;Sep94, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p51
Discusses the advantages of wearing contact lenses rather than eyeglasses when playing sports and describes the various types of contact lenses available. One-day disposable contact lenses including One-Day Acuvue by Vistakon and Occasions Single-Use by Bausch & Lomb; Weekly disposables;...
- Try This Strategy For Survival. // Review of Optometry;8/15/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p26
Focuses on the implication of survival strategies in using contact lenses in the United States. Use of unique and superior contact lens products; Suggestion on the use of carbosilfocon for contact lenses; Availability of high-quality and private-label lenses in every category.
- Contact lens aftercare & complications 2. // Optometry Today;3/11/2011, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p38
A quiz about contact lens aftercare and complications is presented.
- How to Burst Your Bubble. // Review of Optometry;3/15/2013, Vol. 150 Issue 3, p89
The article provides an answer to a question of how to minimize the risk of air bubbles while fitting scleral lenses in yes.
- Life through the lens. Bradshaw, Ryan // Optometry Today;3/27/2009 Contact Lens Guide, Vol. 49, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including an issue on the OT Contacts Lens Guide, another on Philip Morgan's predictions for the future of contact lenses, and one on Keith Holland's ten golden rules for fitting children with contact lenses.