DISCRETIO: HELOISE OF THE PARACLETE'S EMBODIED READING OF THE RULE OF BENEDICT
- Heloise and Abelard's tumultuous affair. Tucker, Ruth A. // Christian History;1991, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the medieval love story of abbess Heloise and philosopher Peter Abelard. Abelard's plan of seducing Heloise; Revenge by her uncle; Tormented love; Repentance; Twist of fate.
- Abelard and Heloise. Macy, Gary // National Catholic Reporter;09/17/99, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p16
Focuses on the significance of Abelard and Heloise's love story in Christian history. Relationship of Heloise with Peter Abelard; Discussion on the way of life of Abelard as a monk; Description of their divine love; Details on their burial.
- Heloise & Abelard. Schwarz, Benjamin // Atlantic;Sep2004, Vol. 294 Issue 2, p125
This article reviews the book "Heloise & Abelard," by James Burge.
- 'We Speak to God with our Thoughts': Abelard and the Implications of Private Communication with God. Kramer, Susan R. // Church History;Mar2000, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p18
Examines some of the writings by theologian Peter Abelard that seem to extol a very personal spirituality through their descriptions of unspoken, even nonverbal communication with God. Opposition of words and understanding; Abelard's rule and hymns for the Paraclete sisters; Abelard's theory of...
- Liturgical Drama and the "School of Abelard.". WULSTAN, DAVID // Comparative Drama;Fall2008, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p347
This article discusses the role that Peter Abelard, Heloise, and several other contributors might have played in the development of "The Play of Daniel," a medieval Christian drama relating to Old Testament story of Daniel in the Lion's Den. The work of different goliards, such as Abelard and...
- HELOISE & ABELARD: A Twelfth-Century Love Story (Book). // Kirkus Reviews;9/1/2004, Vol. 72 Issue 17, p845
Reviews the book "Heloise & Abelard: A Twelfth-Century Love Story," by James Burge.
- Â»Apud HebraeosÂ«: Jewish Sources in Peter Abelard's Commentary on the Six Day Creation? ZEMLER-CIZEWSKI, WANDA // Archa Verbi;2013, Issue 10, p70
The article focuses on knowledge of Jewish traditions and the Hebrew language of Peter Abelard, a medieval French scholastic philosopher and theologian, through analysis of his "Expositio in hexaemeron," a commentary on Genesis 1, or the six day creation. Topics include difference in usage of...
- WORK IN THE CONVENTS OF THE PARACLETE: ECHOES OF RB 48. Kardong, Terrence G. // American Benedictine Review;Mar2012, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p49
The article presents an in-depth examination into the Medieval Catholic monastic rule "Institutiones Nostrae." Introductory comments are given associating the text with the 12th-century French writer Peter Abelard, but not attributing it to him. Further contextual information is provided noting...
- What you can learn from the greatest love stories of all time. Dormen, Lesley // Glamour;Feb2004, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p106
Presents several love stories. Proof that words can be as passionate as any touch through the letters of religious scholar Peter Abelard and his student HÃ©loÃ¯se for each other when they were separated; Divorces undergone by actors Richard Burton and Liz Taylor; Inspiration set by the love...