- BUSINESS BRIEFS. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jan2005, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p44
Presents news briefs on water works and water utilities in the U.S. as of January 2005. Key features of the FilterTrakï¿½ 660c Laser Nephelometer from Hech Co.; Overview of water work programs designed to assist small communities; Acquisition of SPL WorldGroup by GFI Energy Ventures LLC.
- Water for People Honors Adamski. Miner, Gary // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jan2004, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the 2002-2003 Kenneth J. Miller Founders' Award given to Robert E. Adamski, a contributor to the "Journal of the American Water Works Association," by the U.S. organization Water for People. Information on the award; Career background.
- Cyclic storage systems optimization: Semidistributed parameter approach. Alimohammadi, Saeed; Afshar, Abbas; Mari�o, Miguel A. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Feb2009, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p90
The article presents a semidistributed optimization model for design and operation of a proposed cyclic system. The model includes interacting components of surface and groundwater subsystems with the objective of minimizing total system costs. It details the development of a generalized and...
- AWARDS. Miner, Gary // Journal: American Water Works Association;May2006, Vol. 98 Issue 5, p8
This article reports that the San Joaquin Council of Governments in San Joaquin County, California, has given the Regional Gold Award to OMI/Thames Water Stockton Inc. and the City of Stockton Municipal Utilities District (CSMUD) in California. The award recognizes their achievement in the...
- Full Speed Ahead. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jul2005, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p2
Presents an introduction to the July 01, 2005 issue of the "Journal: American Water Works Association."
- More regulator ripples coming. // Management Today;Oct93, p108
Reports on policies mulled by Ian Byatt, head of Great Britain's Office of Water Services (OFWAT), which aim to cut in the profits of England's now-privatized water and sewerage utility companies. Water industry management's indifference to threat mitigated by salary increases.
- Las Vegas Walsh undergoes $98 million upgrade. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;12/1/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p3
Focuses on efforts to rehabilitate the Las Vegas Wash, an important part of Nevada's water supply system. Establishment of the Las Vegas Wash Coordination Committee to repair and protect the environmental conditions within the watershed area; Importance of the wash for the Las Vegas water...
- Down the Pipes--How Safe Is Our Water? Tempest, Roddy // WaterWorld;Feb2002, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p46
Investigates the level of safety of United States water supply. Vulnerability of the country's water distribution system; Problems with tanker trucks as contingent water supply source; Methods by which terrorists can contaminate the country's water supply system.
- Privatization loses maintenance bid. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/24/95, Vol. 234 Issue 16, p14
Reports that Ormond Beach, Fla.'s city utility has bid and won the competition for water and wastewater operations and maintenance (O&M) contract, beating out four private sector bidders. Defeated competitors; Savings sources.