Three Point Construction Completes 1st U.S. Front Steer Microtunneling Project
- Robbins TBM completes boring at Turkish project. // Mining Engineering;Mar2014 Supplement, p6
The article discusses the work of the Robbins double shield tunnel boring machine (TBM) on a tunnel that is part of the Yamanli II hydroelectric project in the Adana province of Turkey in December 2013. Topics include the challenging ground of limestone and clay fissures that the TBM cut...
- DOUBLE-BARREL BREAK-THROUGH IN TORONTO. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2013, p11
The article informs that twin tunnels from Steeles Avenue West to Finch West Station in Toronto, Ontario have been successfully created by the tunnel boring machines "Yorkie" and "Torkie" under the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension project.
- Big Becky nears end at Niagara. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the development in the construction of the Niagara Tunnel wherein a tunnel boring machine (TBM) called Big Becky is drilling a third tunnel to divert water from Niagara Falls to the Adam Beck Generating Station at Queenston, Ontario, Canada.
- Big Becky breaks through at Niagara Tunnel. // Mining Engineering;Sep2011, Vol. 63 Issue 9, Special section p20
The article reports on the return to the surface of the tunnel boring machine (TBM) called Big Becky after four years of tunneling beneath Niagara Falls, Ontario on May 13, 2011.
- GERMAN BORING MACHINE DIGGING IN SMOOTHER RUSSIAN SOILS. Reina, Peter // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 1, p14
Focuses on the use of a 14.2 meter-dia tunnel boring machine in the digging process of the Lefortovo tunnel in Moscow. Highway tunnel where the machine was used; Change made in the machine; Reason why the tunnel work at Moscow was considered less challenging.
- TBM operations on New Zealand motorway tunnel completed after nearly two years. // Mining Engineering;Dec2015, Vol. 67 Issue 12, Special section p4
The article reports that tunnel boring machine (TBM) called Alice completed its operations on New Zealand motorway tunnel after nearly two years.
- Tunnelling starts in Sofia. // Railway Gazette International;May2010, Vol. 166 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that tunneling for Sofia metro Line 2 in Bulgaria commenced on April 6, 2010 using an 85 meter tunnel boring machine.
- Robbins TBM finished run in Mexico City. // Mining Engineering;Jun2012, Vol. 64 Issue 6, Special section p6
The article reports on the completion of tunnel boring machine's (TBM) tunneling run, which is a Robbins earth pressure balance (EPB) machine, on March 1, 2012 in Mexico City, Mexico.
- Four American projects among those considered for 2015 ITA tunneling awards. // Mining Engineering;Dec2015, Vol. 67 Issue 12, Special section p8
The article announces that several American projects have received the 2015 ITA tunneling awards including the Eurasia Tunnel Project; the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project; and the Second Avenue Subway Project.