- State Of The HDD Industry Report. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the state of the Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) industry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Significance of the telecommunications industry to the HDD market; Need to search for other potential markets; Description of the improvements in the industry.
- EQUIPMENT SPOTLIGHT. // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p72
Introduces several drill tracking devices. DrillTrack System 1; Spot D Tek IIIA; DigiTrak MKIV; Features of the device.
- HDD RIGS. // Underground Construction;Sep2000, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p87
Provides information on several horizontal directional drilling (HDD) units. Model JT520 from Ditch Witch; Models 6010 Turbo and 6030 Turbo from Case Corp.; Terra-Jet 2614D from Terra AG.
- Directional boring assures fast, clean irrigation job. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar95, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p53
Reports on TS Boring Inc.'s use of horizontal directional drilling to drill 15 individual pipelines in an underground sprinkling system expansion project for the Canterbury Mall in Illinois. Background information on the company; Advantages of the directional drilling method; Details of the...
- Used Rigs Change HDD Market Dynamics. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p52
Explores the market for used horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment. Number of HDD units sold for 2002; Impact of used HDD equipment on new machines sale; Factors to be considered when purchasing new or used HDD equipment.
- What To Look For When Buying Used HDD Equipment. // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p53
Discusses factors to be considered when purchasing used horizontal directional drilling equipment. Equipment capabilities that handle specific applications; Inspection of equipment; Maintenance and repair.
- New HDD Rig Features Continuous Steel Tubing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on Stewart & Stevenson's horizontal directional drill system that features continuous steel tubing. Machine design; Operation of the machine with a mud motor or other downhole power source; Advantages of the machine.
- Magnetic effects - no problem. McMillin, Kevin // Offshore;Nov2000, Vol. 60 Issue 11, p28
Evaluates the Gas Bearing Gyro, a device for directional while-drilling measurements. Specification; Performance.
- Laney Directional Drilling Completes Record Setting Drill. Tubb, Rita // Pipeline & Gas Journal;May2003, Vol. 230 Issue 5, p38
Focuses on the achievement made by the drilling company Laney Directional Drilling Inc. in South America. Joint venture between the firm and Bolinter Construcciones Petroleras S.A.; Completion of the drill by the firm; Factors contributing to the success of the pipeline project.