WERF award offers $100,000 for innovative water quality research
- UTAH GIRL WINS SCIENCE CONTEST. // Education Week;3/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p6
The article reports that Shannon Babb, a student from Utah has won the 2006 Intel Science Talent Search competition. The competition was for analyzing how to protect water quality by improving environmental buffers and changing daily behavior. Babb earned a $100,000 college scholarship. The...
- WERF offers $100,000 for imaginative research. // WaterWorld;Apr2009, Vol. 25 Issue 4, Special section p3
The article announces the $100,000 financial support of the Water Environment Research Foundation (WERF) for wastewater, water reuse, biosolids, stormwater and watershed research projects in the U.S. The primary objective of WERF is to encourage researchers to intensify efforts in exploring and...
- More Bucks for Simcoe. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that after spending 12 million dollars in 165 projects for 5-year Lake Simcoe Clean-Up Fund, Ontario's government will spend 4.1 million dollars in 19 new restoration projects, according to Ontario's International Trade Minister, Peter Van Loan.
- Water purity. Opheim, Teresa; Najaka, Marlies Merik // Country Living;Apr93, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p80
Discusses the importance of evaluating and testing your water supply. Lead and nitrate levels; Contamination by microbes; US Environmental Protection Agency; Testing for pathogens, radioactive elements and other toxic chemicals; Some bottled water produced with municipal water supplies; EPA's...
- Our Fragile Coastal Fisheries. Phillips, Don // Fly Fisherman;Mar2005, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p20
Reports that industrial and agricultural pollution, overfishing, poor water management, and offshore oil drilling are taking their tolls on the ocean.
- Flushing performance to be modified. Ballanco, Julius // PM Engineer;Oct96, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p12
Presents information on the modification of the flushing performance in plumbing. Development of a the A112.19.2 and A112.19.6 standards by the ANSI/ASME A112 Committee; Information on the revision of the two standards; Details of the more significant change proposed to the A112.19.2/19.6...
- Water, clean & clear. Mooney, Rick // Field & Stream;Aug95, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the efforts to maintain water quality in the United States. Pollution threat to fishing; Efforts of farmers and ranchers to protect surface water resources; Interest of farmers for conservation practices; Benefits of conservation tillage; Fencing of streambanks. INSETS: The farm...
- Water quality marketplace. // Pit & Quarry;May97, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p60
Presents a listing of selected firms offering water quality products and service to the pit and quarry industry.
- AFI to solve Condado's water woes. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;2/13/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p30
Reports on the efforts of the Infrastructure Financing Authority to solve the wastewater and potable water problems in Condado, Puerto Rico. Construction of a wastewater pump; Construction of a water tank and pump.