- Paying the piper. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct93, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p34
Reports on the Broadcast Music Inc.'s (BMI) music performance agreements that apply to retail stores that play videos and laser discs containing BMI-licensed music. Categories and coverage; Effectivity date; Requirement for license; Contact information.
- Denim to Get Discounted Down Under. HAGOPIAN, ARTHUR // DNR: Daily News Record;1/10/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p4
The article reports that new copyright regulations in Australia will enable mass market stores and discounters to import and market high-value designer clothing and provide competition for apparel retailers.
- News in brief. // Music Week;3/7/2009, Issue 9, p5
News briefs on the music trade in Great Britain are presented. Sound recording industry executive John Kennedy was a prosecution witness in the copyright theft trial of the founders of Pirate Bay, a music filesharing operation, in Sweden. Promoters of Record Store Day, a music retail trade...
- United front: U.K. retailers up stakes in piracy battle. Andrews, Sam // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/23/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 30, p10
This article reports on the plans for a pair of initiatives to tackle DVD piracy, which were revealed by an alliance of retailers and a Member of Parliament in an effort to aid the battle against Great Britain's $2.3 billion illegal market. Project Unity, a retailer-led project to highlight the...
- IN-STORE MUSIC. Gibbons, Vera // Real Simple;Mar2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p144
The article discusses the role in-store sound tracks to lure consumers.
- Broadway debut for concept store. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;7/8/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p1
A review is offered for the RadioShack store located at Manhattan, New York.
- Repo Records fights back--with personality. Johnson, Kenneth // Billboard;9/23/95, Vol. 107 Issue 38, p78
Profiles the Charlotte, North Carolina-based Repo Records store. Owner and founder of the store Jimmy Parker; History of the store; Opening of two other stores named Repo CDs and Repo Cheapo; Type of albums that sell best in each store; Repo Cheapo as the stores' semi-official headquarters for...
- Chinook Music Service. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep95, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p44
Features Chinook Music Service, a music retail store in Wenatchee, Washington. Steve Sturlz as owner; Products and services offered by the store.
- More troubles for Indies; Feedback files Chapter 11; Estrus hit by fire. Morris, Chris // Billboard;02/08/97, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p53
Provides news briefs for February 8, 1997 related to independent record companies. Chapter 11 protection needed by Feedback Inc. Music Distribution; Estimates of the company's worth and other statistics; Inventory destruction by fire for Estrus Records, based in Bellingham, Washington; The...