How Culture Can Hurt
- Why So Vulnerable? // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Examines why adolescence increase vulnerability to HIV/AIDS.
- Addressing the Epidemic. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
Reports that in several developing countries declines in the prevalence of HIV/AIDS among young people, accompanied by clear signs of individual behavior change, give hope of eventually curbing the epidemic.
- Reaching Out. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Reports that addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic among young people requires reaching not only youth themselves but also others who influence their lives.
- PERCEP��O E SENTIMENTO DO ADOLESCENTE PORTADOR DE HIV/AIDS: REVIS�O INTEGRATIVA. de Almeida Neves, Carolina Vasconcelos; de Ara�jo, Ednaldo Cavalcante; Carvalho, Karenina Elice Guimar�es; da Silva, Ana Luzia Medeiros Araujo; de Vasconcelos, Eliane Maria Ribeiro; da Silva Bezerra, Simone Maria Muniz // Revista de Pesquisa: Cuidado � Fundamental;oct2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2412
Objective: To identify scientific evidence about the perceptions and feelings of adolescents with HIV/AIDS. Method: This is an integrative review study whose search data was held in the databases: PubMed, SCOPUS, LILACS, ADOLEC using the keywords "behavior", "HIV/AIDS + adolescent," "perception...
- Rising teen HIV rate spurs concerns. Hodges, Quincy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the increase in the number of teenagers in Michigan who are becoming infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) according to a report for World AIDS Day released by the Department of Community Health.
- Building comprehensive HIV/AIDS care services. Meredith, Karen L.; Larson, Trudy A.; Soons, Karen Richardson; Grace, Christopher J.; Fraser, Victoria J.; Mundy, Linda M.; Melchior, Lisa A.; Huba, G.J. // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;May98, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p379
Presents three human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)/acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)-related health care funded programs, by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Special Projects of National Significance (SPNS) Program. What comprehensive services for HIV-positive...
- 12th World AIDS Conference: Pointing Out the Gaps. Laurence, Jeffrey // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Sep98, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p669
Editorial. Presents information on the 12th World AIDS Conference held in Geneva, Switzerland in 1998, which focused on the growth in HIV/AIDS epidemic. Reference to results on the transmission of multi-drug-resistant strains of HIV; Responses to concerns of viral resistance and drug...
- The MYSTERY of HIV/AIDS. // Current Health 1;Nov2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on HIV/AIDS.
- Pediatric aids. Finegold, Emily Sara // Camping Magazine;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the benefits of yearly weekend retreats for families with pediatric human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). Overview of pediatric AIDS; Facts about HIV and AIDS; Group support; Programs and activities. INSET: Camp Heartland Project..