- Mixed fortunes for retail sales. // Horticulture Week;7/31/2008, p14
The article reports on the financial performance of B&Q PLC in the retail trade industry in Great Britain. The firm has reported a 20 percent increase in its barbecues and outdoor furniture sales and a 0.2 percent rise in its overall sales in the 10 weeks to July 12, 2008. Kingfisher PLC, which...
- Adams joins B&Q management. // Cabinet Maker;5/19/2006, Issue 5488, p5
Career developments involving employees from the furnishing industry in England are discussed. Steve Adams has been appointed as the director of sales of B&Q PLC. Adams has extensive furniture industry retail experience having held senior management positions at Furnitureland and Kingdom of...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;2/3/2006, Issue 5474, p5
The article offers several newsbriefs related to retail trade in Great Britain. Silentnight Group will be relocating its head office from Salterforth to its Silentnight Beds site in Barnoidswick. A Halifax report has disclosed that rising house prices mean first time buyers take twice as long to...
- Building a Winning Process for Volume Recruitment. Cutt, Mike // European Retail Digest;Jun2002, Issue 34, p9
Deals with the success and business approach of retailer B&Q PLC in the do-it-yourself market in Great Britain. Statistics on the earnings and operations of the company; Information on the strategy used by B&Q in recruiting employees; Details on the employee-customer profit chain as a core...
- Furniture heads B&Q sales in Q3. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2011, Issue 5767, p12
The article reports on the increase in the sales of garden furniture of B & Q PLC in Great Britain.
- B&Q maximises minis. // In-Store;Dec2003, p5
Reports on the plans by B&Q PLC to open 50 more mini versions of its warehouse store.
- B&Q. // European Retail Digest;Spring96, Issue 10, p24
Outlines the response of European retailer B&Q both to domestic competition and to the threat of foreign invasion. Background on the company; Product market of B&Q; Competition faced by the retailer.
- Best DIY retailer is... // Cabinet Maker;1/22/2010, Issue 5671, p20
The article reports that B&Q has been awarded Best DIY Retailer in the Verdict Awards by Verdict Research Ltd.
- B&Q launches loans service for financing DIY work. // Marketing (00253650);12/19/2002, p4
Reports on the launch of housing finance products under the Homeplan brand by Kingfisher-owned do-it-yourself retailer B&Q PLC aimed to help consumers budget their renovation projects. Marketing strategy of the company; Third-quarter financial results of the company for the year 2002.