A big deal at the Co-ops
- Insurgency and institutionalization: the Polanyian countermovement and Chinese labor politics. Friedman, Eli // Theory & Society;May2013, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p295
Why is it that in the nearly 10 years since the Chinese central government began making symbolic and material moves towards class compromise that labor unrest has expanded greatly? In this article I reconfigure Karl Polanyi's theory of the coutermovement to account for recent developments in...
- Garden furniture importers hailed as greenest in sector. Appleby, Matthew // Horticulture Week;11/26/2010, p11
The article features the comments of Leisure & Outdoor Furniture Association (LOFA) regarding garden furniture importers in Great Britain.
- Taiwan no longer tops in furniture imports. L.A. // Wood & Wood Products;May95, Vol. 100 Issue 6, p14
Reports that Canada has replaced Taiwan as the largest furniture importer. Drop in U.S. imports of wood furniture from Taiwan; Significance of the North American market; Establishment of Taiwanese furniture companies in China.
- Trading figures between UK and Belgium dwindles. // Cabinet Maker;11/15/2013, Issue 5861, p10
The article reports that according to the federation of the Belgian textiles, woodworking and furniture industry, Fedustria there was a decline of 9.7 percent in furniture exported from Belgium to Great Britain in 2013.
- Exports increase 14% in 2010. // Furniture/Today;4/2/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p174
The article reports on the 14% increase in the furniture exports of the U.S. in 2010, wherein nearly 2.5 billion dollars increase in exports was recorded from 2.2 billion dollars in 2009.
- Furniture exports to Belgium grow in Q1. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2012, Issue 5813, p10
The article reports that the Great Britain furniture export to Belgium grew by 38 percent in the first quarter of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011, whereas the amount of Belgian furniture exported to Great Britain has declined by 14.5 percent for the first quarter of 2012.
- Imports resume climb. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;4/21/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p30
Reports on the performance of the furniture imports in the U.S. Increase in Chinese furniture exports to the country; Aggressiveness of Malaysia and Thailand in boosting furniture exports in reaction to Chinese competition; Link of the Chinese furniture production with Taiwanese factory owners...
- Occasional importers say business is growing. Unville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;04/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p30
Focuses on issues concerning furniture imports in the United States. Increase in sales of furniture companies; Release of innovative hand-painted products from Stein World; Products offered by Cebu Imports.
- Furnishing the world. Santry, Claire // Cabinet Maker;7/12/2002, Issue 5295, p10
Looks at the status of imports of furniture in Great Britain from Europe in 2001. Percentage of increase in Italian imports since 1997; Percentage of decline in imported furniture in Great Britain; Categories of imports from Italy.