- Strategy of the Israeli right: // Tikkun;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Editorial. Focuses on the political struggle between Israel and Palestine for peace, emphasizing the attempts made to exclude the United States out of the process. Pressure being placed on Palestinian state by the United States on the refusal to make peace with Israel; Circumstances...
- FACE-OFF. Schmemann, Serge // New York Times Upfront;5/6/2002, Vol. 134 Issue 14, p16
Assesses the conflict between the Israel and Palestine in the middle east. Reason why Israel prime minister, Ariel Sharon ordered an attack against Palestine; Year when Israel was created; Attempt of the leaders to reconcile.
- Israel talks tough before Clinton meeting. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;01/23/98, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the relations between Israel and Palestine before a meeting with United States President, Bill Clinton, January 20, 1998, in Washington How peace talks have been affected in relation to countries; Demands made by both countries; Detailed information on the issue.
- When small misunderstandings become huge roadblocks to peace. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/99, Vol. 91 Issue 238, p7
Concentrates on difficulties that can arise between Israel and Palestine due to misinterpretations. The example of the plans of the Israeli government to increase the size of the military checkpoint to Bethlehem, West Bank.
- Israel 'Fights Terrorism' With War on the Palestinian Authority. Marshall, Rachelle // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the conflicts between the Israelis and Palestinians. Efforts of government officials to restore relationship of both countries; Military operations following suicide bombing instigated by a Palestinian; Reactions to the plan of Israel to stop Palestinian demonstrations.
- War Party Takes on Iraq in Order to Stall Israel-Palestine Peace Talks. Curtiss, Richard H. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p13
Alleges attempts to the delay of Israel-Palestine peace negotiations with a U.S. invasion of Iraq. Recollection of the debate for the Persian Gulf War in Senate in 1990; Possibility of the participation of Turkey; Importance of an end to U.S. financial aid to the Israeli war against Palestine.
- Who will police the police? Shahin, Mariam // Middle East;Jan97, Issue 263, p12
Focuses on the ambivalent security relations between Palestine and Israel after the eruption of violence in West Bank and the Gaza Strip in 1996. Discontent of Palestine residents over the inaction of the Palestine Security Forces; Concerns on the failure for the affected areas to attain...
- From the mouths of babes... Twair, Pat McDonnell // Middle East;Jan98, Issue 274, p41
Reports that the first Israeli/Palestinian co-production of Sesame Street will be aired on April 1998. Involvement of former Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and Palestinian Liberalization Organization chief Yasser Arafat in project; Details on project; Description of some segments of television...
- Victor and vanquished, entwined. Ajami, Fouad // U.S. News & World Report;05/04/98, Vol. 124 Issue 17, p39
Focuses on the relationship between Zionism and Palestinian nationalism. Palestinian view of 1948, the year of Israel's independence, as al Nakba, the calamity; Israel's role in the creation of a Palestinian state.