Air Force Issues RFI for Cyber OT&E and Range Support
- Northrop Grumman Continues To Support Global Hawk. // Helicopter News;2/3/2009, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p5
The article announces the $276 million contract of Northrop Grumman Corp. (NOC) from the U.S. Air Force. It is designed for continued operations and maintenance support of the RQ-4 Global Hawk high-altitude unmanned reconnaissance plane. It calls for continued training and peacetime operations...
- Contingency Contracting. Baldwin, Laura H.; Ausink, John; Campbell, Nancy F.; Drew, John G.; Roll Jr., C. Robert // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Spring/Summer2008, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the construction of a database of contingency contracting officer (CCO) purchases supporting U.S. Air Force missions in Operation Iraqi Freedom during fiscal years 2003 and 2004. It examines how the database of CCO purchases can be a powerful analytic tool to inform and...
- Air Force Intends To Award Raytheon SDB II Aircraft Integration Contract. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;8/22/2014, p1
The article discusses plans of U.S. Air Force to award a sole-source contract to Raytheon (RTN) Company for small Diameter Bomb 2 (SDB 2) integration into the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet fighter jet. Topics discussed include the primary requirement of integration to provide SDB 2 specific tests such...
- Evolution of a Handbook. Young, Amy // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Summer2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p132
The article discusses the development of first and second editions of the "Joint Contingency Contracting Handbook" for the Department of Defense (DoD) contracting workforce. It states that both editions of the handbook provides pocket guide and eliminate redundancy and standardized core...
- Europe on the move. Girard, Georges // DÃ©fense Nationale et SÃ©curitÃ© Collective;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 63 Issue 8, preceding p11
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alain Lamassoure on the creation and resulting change of treaty, one by Senator Hubert Haenel on the European Parliament issues, and one by Laurent Paccaud on the financial costs of European military operations.
- We Don't Get No Respect: Shades of Vietnam Color Public Perceptions of Private Contractors. Messner, J. J. // Journal of International Peace Operations;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p35
The author reflects on the role played by private contractors in supporting the U.S. peacekeeping missions in Iraq, Vietnam and other parts of the world. The author explains that though contractors enter conflicts in a wilful manner for profit, they provide motivations to people working in Iraq....
- A MECHANIC'S PLAN FOR AFGHANISTAN. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Jun2010, Issue 691, p27
The comic strip "A Mechanic's Plan for Afghanistan" is presented.
- BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON. Olmsted, Andy // Investigate;Feb2008, Vol. 8 Issue 85, p50
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience in a military operation in Iraq.
- CHAPTER II: The Last Battle. Chesterton, Gilbert K. // Napoleon of Notting Hill;1/ 1/1904, p99
Chapter 2 of the book "The Napoleon of Notting Hill" is presented. It explores the last battle raised by Wayne when he spoke to the King concerning the military operations which he thinks it deprives his rights. It highlights the history of the empire of Notting Hill which is accordingly the...