SourceFire [FIRE]: Georgia Tech to Lead $10M DHS Effort Related to Open Cyber Security
- Georgia Tech To Lead $10 Million DHS Effort Related To Open Cyber Security. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/6/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 47, p4
The article focuses on the selection to Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate to lead a $10 million research on open source software. It says that GTRI will improve government's knowledge of capabilities...
- Homeland Security Dept.: Is $36.2 Billion Enough? Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/17/2003, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on the management of the U.S. Homeland Security Department. Security charges of the department; Estimated budget allocated for the reorganization of the department.
- DHS Expanding Radiation and Nuclear Monitoring Effort to L.A. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;10/15/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 11, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has said that it will expand its Securing the Cities (STC) program for the New York City region, and also include the Los Angeles, California area. The STC program began in 2006 as a pilot project by DHS in New York City to...
- Deploying Homeland Security Technology. Link, Albert; Henrich, Vincent // Journal of Technology Transfer;Aug2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3/4, p363
An answer to the question of the similarity among the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Intel, and Disney is presented.
- Eight years after 9/11, nation's commitment shows signs of waning. Rogers, Hal // Hill;10/28/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 126, p27
The article focuses on the declining commitment by the federal government and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for maintaining the national security in the U.S.
- DHS Launches Latest Upgrade Of Information Network. // Defense Daily;9/30/2013, p9
The article offers information about the upgraded features of the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) Release 3 system launched by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for information sharing on homeland security operations.
- Homeland Security On Track For Air-bound Cargo Screening. // AirGuide Online.com;3/1/2010, p1
The article reports that the Department of Homeland Security is reviewing several programs in preparation for its 2011 budget which includes screening of U.S. air-bound cargo.
- GTRI takes on homeland security. // Industrial Engineer: IE;Nov2009, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p11
The article features the projects Container Security Device (CSD) and Composite Security System from the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI) and sponsored by the Science and Technology Directorate of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The projects aim to provide security and safety of...
- Pardon the Intrusion. // Information Security;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p14
This section offers news briefs concerning computer security in the U.S. as of April 2008. The Department of Homeland Security discussed its Cyber Initiative in Congress. An open source tool called Goolag Scan has been released. Students at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville found a...