Breaking Up with Iraq is Hard to Do
- Nominations Submitted to the Senate. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;3/18/2011, Special section p1
A list of the nominations submitted by U.S. President Barack Obama to the U.S. Senate as of March 18, 2011 is presented, which include Arenda L. Wright Allen of Virginia to be U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia, Anthony J. Battaglia of California to be U.S. District Judge...
- IN THE KNOW. Wilkie, Christina // Hill;7/20/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 84, p27
The article offers information on the activities of government officials and celebrities in the U.S. including the initiative of the U.S. President Barack Obama to mingle with women's nasketball team champion Phoenix Mercury, the agreement signed by musician Dave Matthews with Global Zero...
- The Big Question. // Hill;12/10/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 133, p32
The article provides several answers to a question regarding the U.S. President-elect Barack Obama's cabinet appointments.
- CAPTION OF THE WEEK. // New Statesman;5/23/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 5054, p56
Captions are presented which are winning entries in a reader contest to a photograph of U.S. President Barack Obama and other officials of the U.S. government.
- Target: Pakistan. Dreazen, Yochi J. // National Journal;10/9/2010, p7
The article reports on a shooting incident that occurred between American patrollers and Pakistani border guards in Pakistan on September 30, 2010. The incident began when the border guards opened fire when they saw U.S. choppers flying into Pakistani airspace. Such incident also emphasized the...
- Proclamation 8522--Armed Forces Day, 2010. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/14/2010, Special section p1
The article presents the text of Proclamation 8522 signed by U.S. President Barack Obama on May 14, 2010 declaring the observance of the Armed Forces Day every third Saturday of each month of May to recognize the Armed Forces for continuously defending the nation and offering their services and...
- A message from the Commander-in-Chief. // Hill;5/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 58, pS4
The article presents a message from U.S. President Barack Obama to all courageous men and women of the U.S. Armed forces.
- Troops home for the holidays, Obama promises. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;10/27/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 43, p4
The article reports on the promise of U.S. President Barack Obama to bring back the troops in the country in time for the holiday season after the long war in Iraq has ended.
- Obama Announces Huge Military Cuts. Hayward, John // Human Events;1/9/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p6
This article reports that President Barack Obama has announced massive military cuts that would effectively spell the end of traditional U.S. military doctrine and could result in cutting 10 to 15% of Army and Marine Corps personnel.