Charter Seeks L.A. Buyer
- Charter could exit CableLabs. // CED;Jun2002, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p14
Reports the decision to allow Charter Communications to pullout from CableLabs. Confirmation of the report from CableLab officials; Amount of monthly dues for subscribers; Comment of Charter spokesman Dave Anderson.
- Surprise--Charter,s Really a Streaming Bull. Stump, Matt; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p16
Reports the business plans of Charter Communications Inc. in the United States. Competition between Charter and ESPN in operator-programmer tiff over streaming video; Software deal between Charter and Liberate Technologies Inc.; Comparison between technological and business issues. INSET:...
- Charter Could Leave CableLabs. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the decision of Charter Communications to exercise its exit clause in the Cable Television Laboratories contract. Comment of Charter spokesman Dave Andersen about the issue; Conversion of the system of Cablevision in a digital platform; Concerns over the direction of Cablelabs...
- Charter Prepares for November Digeo Launch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p27
Reports the launching of full-scale Digeo Corp., an interactive content by Charter Communications Inc. Enhancement of the products and service foundations of the company; Features of the interactive channels launched; Integration of the network with the Charter's interactive program guide.
- Charter VOD Ad Trial's Dynamic. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;11/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p12
The article reports on the decision of Charter Communications to insert video advertising spots with free video-on-demand content in its home Saint Louis market in Missouri. The 250,000-subscriber Saint Louis system started serving up ads from Vehix TV, a collection of video car-buying guides,...
- Vogel Raises Profile as Charter Stock Slides. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;2/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p27
Reports the business strategy of chief executive officer Carl Vogel of Charter Communications Inc. in the U.S. Reorganization of the management team; Decentralization of the operational structure; Elimination of the discount rate offered by the firm.
- Comcast, Charter and others cable players continue to see opportunity in Wi-Fi during Q2. Dano, Mike // FierceWirelessTech;8/6/2015, p2
The article discusses the plans for wireless networking technology (Wi-Fi) announced by some cable companies during their 2015 second quarter conference calls with analysts. Charter Communications reiterated its promise that combined company called New Charter would make significant investments...
- Charter: We're a Good Neighbor. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/25/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p8
The article discusses the steps undertaken by Charter Communications in order to boost its image. According to the author, the company urged its employees to exemplify the traits of a good neighbor following its launching of the nationwide image campaign with the tagline "Charter Brings Your...
- New Chapter for Strapped Charter. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that the multiple system operator (MSO) Charter Communications Inc. filed its Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York March 27, 2009. It notes that the move will decrease about $8 billion in debt from the company's...