Scratching for Shelf Space
- TIME WARNER CABLE DROPS FEARNET. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;4/13/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p12
The article reports that Time Warner Cablez has dropped Fearnet, the horror and thriller video on demand (VOD) channel. The said cable channel was also removed from the line up of cable operator Brighthouse. On the other hand, Fearnet can be watched on Comcast, Cox Communications, Insight and...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Miss Utah Casts Lures for TSC. // Multichannel News;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p8
The article reports on the launch of The Sportsman Channel on Comcast digital basic in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Sportsman Channel's premiere was held at Cabela's sporting goods store, featuring a camouflaged carpet where Miss Utah Julia Bachison doled out gift bags. Utah native Chris Bailet and...
- The Cablers. Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p23
Presents updates on cable television broadcasting in the United States in August 1999. Plans of USA Networks to create a comedy sitcom; Live airing of the television program `Business Center,' from the New York Stock Exchange; Estimated earnings of Cox Communications from its public offering.
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Last minute scramble clears air for two new television networks. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/21/95, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p1
Reports that the debut of Outdoor Life and Speedvision cable networks in Connecticut will be delayed following the reshuffling of backers. Times Mirror Cos.' reduction of its share in the venture; Cox Communications and Comcast Corp. as new backers; Offerings of the cable networks.
- 2009 Annual Mark Awards. // Multichannel News;11/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p10a
The article announces the 2009 Annual Awards given in various categories including Latino Triple-Play Campaign, of Comcast in the Acquisition and Upgrade Marketing category, Easy Street, of Bright House Networks in the Brand Image and Positioning section and Competitive Response Campaign of Cox...