All You Can Eat
- An Examination of the Resource-Based Horizontal Acquisition Strategy of JBS - the Biggest Meat Packer in the World. Degen, Ronald Jean; Wong, K. Matthew // Proceedings of the New York State Economics Association;2012, Issue 5, p37
This paper presents a longitudinal study of the resource-based horizontal acquisition strategy of JBS. This strategy transformed a relatively small business that was founded in 1953 (comprising a butcher shop and small slaughterhouse located in a small town in the interior of Brazil) into the...
- Back to the source. MITCHELL, RICH // National Provisioner;Feb2016, Vol. 230 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the importance of traceability systems for meat and poultry operators in the U.S. in a need to improve food safety management and open greater revenue opportunities as of February 2016. Topics discussed include its disadvantages such as implementation costs and slower...
- Fleischwaren. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;9/20/2013, Issue 38, p66
The article announces that the Italian meat industry decreased its business revenue in 2012.
- Bad taste in beef. Murphy, Dan // National Provisioner;Jan95, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p78
Warns the meat industry that pesticide residue found in Australian beef is another contamination incident that gives critics a chance to spew half-truths about tainted beef. Introduction of legislation in Australia of a national pesticide registry system; Impact of the incident on the price of beef.
- Where's the beef. // Restaurant Business;7/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p97
Reports on the de-beefing activity in America. Battle between the meat industry and activists; Environmental education program published by the National Livestock and Meat Board; Beyond Beef coalition linking of beef with environmental problems.
- U.S. Cattle Producers have a Domestic Beef. // Prepared Foods;Oct2000, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p27
Provides information on the agreement reached by cattle producers in the United States with meatpackers and the supermarket industry for a voluntary system to label beef as `Made in the U.S.A.' Purpose of the agreement; Possible impact of the move on the cost of beef products.
- International Beef Market Competition Continues To Grow. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/10/2011, p2
The article reports that the infrastructure established by the U.S. red meat industry in key markets has given a face to the U.S. beef industry and facilitated the development with importers, foodservice industry and government officials to raise U.S. beef exports.
- Aberdeen Beef Plant To Open In November. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;9/11/2011, p2
This article announces that a beef plant worth 100 million dollars will open on November 2011 in Aberdeen, South Dakota.
- Beef Price Will Sizzle In 2012. // BEEF Exclusive Insight;8/28/2011, p3
This article reports that beef supplies will swell in the near term due to the high rate of herd liquidation by U.S. ranchers across states such as Texas and Oklahoma.