Raju Das // Food vendor // Delhi
- Two held for Sector V phone fraud. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);3/23/2015, p21
The article reports on the two employees of Sector V companies in Kolkata, India such as Prakash Mondal and Raju Das who were arrested due to telephone fraud.
- THE CITY DIARY. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);2/10/2015, p20
The article offers news briefs related in India including the meeting by Jadavpur University (JU) for the search panel of vice chancellor, the arrest of suspect Raju Das for a gang rape, and the arrest by secretary Parimal Banerjee of home for the destitutes in Chandernagore, India for molestation.
- Health for all. Kerac, Marko // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Jun96, Vol. 68 Issue 6, The Expedition Supplement p10
Describes living conditions in the slums of India. Population profile; Common diseases; Funding for slum improvements.
- The Moment. Thottam, Jyoti // Time International (Asia Edition);5/3/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 17, p7
The article looks at the slums of New Delhi, India, where its inhabitants consist of middle classes, which leads to criticisms by activists who comment that 27.5 percent of 1.1 billion inhabitants in India is too low for the total number of poor residents.
- Story of a slum. Seabrook, Jeremy // New Internationalist;May97, Issue 290, p1
Presents the social scenario of the slums of Mumbai, formerly Bombay, India. Culture; Climate; Definition of slum by Indians.
- The fire, a death and the cooking pots. // New Internationalist;May97, Issue 290, p12
Focuses on the history of Sanja Gandhi Nagar, Mumbai, India. Political unrest; Frequent evacuation of the people; Invasion by police and municipal workers; Demolition with hammers and crowbars.
- A scheme or a scam? Singh, Gurbir // New Internationalist;May97, Issue 290, p16
Examines the Slum Redevelopment Scheme which presents options for improving the lives of the poor in India. Factors that undermine the grandiose vision; Suggestion of wider range of options; Improvement of the way of life of the slum.
- Fake coke and broken coconuts. // New Internationalist;May97, Issue 290, p30
Features Ambedkarnagar in Appapada, Mumbai, India, a slum area less than two kilometers from Sanjay Gandhi Nagar. Description of the area; Description of houses; Lifestyle of dwellers; Future of the slumdwellers.
- LISA WILTSE'S CHARCOAL KIDS OF ULINGAN. WILTON, KRIS // Photo District News;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p36
An essay concerning children living in a slum in Manila, Philippines is presented.