From Squaller to Settler: Applying the Lessons of Nineteenth Century U. S. Public Land Policy to Twenty-first Century Land Struggles in Brazil
- Like iron to a magnet: Farmland investments pull in billions globally. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;8/3/2011, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p4
The article discusses the investments for the agricultural lands worldwide in 2011 and tackles the regulations for land purchases by foreign interests.
- Ratification vote to go forward. Smoke- Asayenes, Dan // Windspeaker;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on the efforts for resolution for ratification vote of its land claim settlement by the council of Caldwell First Nations' meeting as of February 2003. Money to be received by the council for land purchase over 25 years; Community to pose legal challenges in order to prevent First...
- Land issue temperature rising. Nevin, Tom // African Business;Apr2008, Issue 341, p68
The article addresses the need for the South African government to redraft sections of its land resettlement policy. South Africa's department of land affairs found a significant degree of agricultural failure by resettled farmers. The need to implement a support strategy for resettled farmers...
- FORGERY AND THE LAND REGISTRATION ACT 2002: THE MARGINALISATION OF DISCRETION. Nair, Aruna // King's Law Journal;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p403
The article focuses on the aspects of discretion in the disputes related to forgery in reference to the Land Registration Act 2002. Topics discussed include direct registration of the third party as a result of forgery, powers of the register for the removal of the third party rights of land...
- Did Your Family Benefit from the Homestead Act? Alford, Harry C. // Washington Informer;3/1/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p22
The author discusses the impact of the Homestead Act of 1962. He informs the applicants for the participation in this act and mentions the names of several states those are eligible for the participation including Alabama, Alaska and Arizona. He describes the method to the applicants for...
- Prussia and Her Polish Subjects. // America;5/22/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p157
The article focuses on the Settlement Law of 1886 in Prussia, Germany which contains anti-Polish clauses and anti-Catholic method of execution. It originated from the fact that the people of the poorer farming classes emigrated in large numbers from the eastern to the western part of the...
- MoRTH seeks to revise Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act. // Commercial Vehicle;Jul2014, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p20
The article reports on the proposal by India's Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) to revise the Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act.
- U.N. Human Rights Council Report on Israeli Settlements Paves the Way to the ICC. Williams, Ian // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Apr2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the developments in the relationship between Israel and Palestine, particularly on the alleged illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine. It focuses on the United Nations (UN) Human Rights Council report on the illegal settlements. The report was prepared by the fact-finding...
- Hitting the ground running. // India Today;1/19/2015, p1
The article reports that Newly elected Youth Congress chief Amrinder Singh Raja Brar led a protest against Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi government's new land ordinance, and mentions that he along with other Youth Congress workers were court arrested.