Hydropower Projects Under Political Pressure
- LOS DESAFIOS DE LA SUBREGION ANDINA. LAS MONTANAS ANDINAS, UN LUGAR PARA VIVIR BIEN. Amat, Carlos; León // Agro Enfoque;nov2008, Vol. 22 Issue 161, p63
No abstract available.
- WAPDA's 'Vision-2025' Omar, Kaleem // Economic Review (05318955);Jul2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p43
Features the Water and Power Development Authority's vision-2025 program, a bold plan for progressive transformation of water resources of governance and economics in Pakistan. Advantages of the program; Support of the Asian Development Bank to the economic development initiative; Components of...
- Foreign Investment in Hydropower Projects. // Economic Review (05318955);Jan2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p23
Focuses on the factors influencing foreign investments in hydropower projects in Pakistan. Operations of Chinese companies in the country; Electricity generation projects; Shortfall in the availability of natural gas supplies; Power generation policy; Implications for industrial development and...
- Pakistan plans billion dollar hydro development programme. // International Power Generation;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the plans of the Pakistani Water and Power Development Authority to set up four hydropower projects in various parts of North West Frontier Province. Estimated cost of the proposed projects; Total capacity of the proposed projects; Preparation of feasibility reports by the Ministry...
- Project: Upper Waitaki Power Project - One of the last big hydro jobs. // Contractor;2016, p25
The article offers information on the Upper Waitaki Power project in New Zealand, noting the development of this hydropower scheme.
- MEMBERS OF HOUSE ENERGY ACTION TEAM PARTICIPATE IN ENERGY AND JOBS TOUR. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/31/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
The article focuses on the 2012 American Energy and Jobs Tour event held in Texas on May 24, 2012 which aimed at increasing economic growth and creating jobs in the state.
- Job creation: A classic win-win situation. Mickelson, George // Fedgazette;Oct91, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p14
Presents the South Dakota's involvement in economic development by using the taxpayers dollar in helping companies create jobs. Economic development strategies set by the author in 1987 as the governor of the state; Percentage increase of South Dakota's manufacturing jobs compared to that of the...
- Business is better for women in Texas. // Wilson County News;5/21/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p8A
The article focuses on the report released by the American Express Co. which shows that Texas is one of the best states in the nation in terms of job creation and economic success.
- My plans for the first 180 days if you elect me mayor. ROTHSCHILD, JONATHAN // Inside Tucson Business;8/12/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p22
In this article, the author discusses the his plans for Tucson, Arizona if he is elected as its mayor, which include jobs and economic development in the city, an open city government, and a leader in solar energy and water conservation.