Privatisation Efforts Back In Focus
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2008, p2
The article discusses political and economic forecasts for Vietnam. During the May 20, 2007 election, more than 91% of votes casted went to the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV). Foreign direct investment went up in 2007. A new privatization law will be implemented in 2007, according to Finance...
- Robust Growth Outlook. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
The article presents a forecast of the economic conditions that are likely to prevail in Vietnam in 2006. According to the General Statistics Office, Vietnam is one of the Asia's fastest growing economies and it expanded by 8.4% in 2005. It is expected that growth in all the three sectors, that...
- No Sign Of A Slowdown. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p5
The article provides an economic outlook for Vietnam as of March 2007. The economy is expected to sustain its strong performance in 2007 and grow by 8.2 percent, indicating that the country will remain one of the world's most rapidly expanding countries. Its entry into the World Trade...
- 2008: A Landmark Year For The Viet Nam Index. // Asia Monitor: South East Asia Monitor Volume 1;Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the performance of the Viet Nam Index (VNI) in 2007 and forecasts its short-term risks. Business analysts believed that the VNI is unstable as domestic and global conditions were unfavourable, and the index fell its short-term support at the 850 level. The author believed...
- Economic Structure and Context: Development and Strategy. // Vietnam Country Monitor;Nov2011, p15
The article reports that the reforms have doubled in the new millennium for the development and strategy of Vietnam's economy. It mentions that the quantity of small and medium enterprises were increased and the foreign-invested enterprises became one main engine of growth of the country. It...
- Vietnam: External Headwinds Prompt Downward Growth Revision. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/10/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p10
The article presents an economic outlook for Vietnam for 2011-2012. Vietnam's real gross domestic product (GDP) growth is projected at 6.0% in 2011 and by 6.9% in 2012. It notes the downside risks posed by a slowdown in the manufacturing sector to external demand. Also expected is depress...
- chapter 3 : 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2008 4th Quarter, p21
The article presents a forecast on the overall working economy of Vietnam throughout 2017.
- chapter 2: Economic Outlook. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p13
The article presents an economic outlook for Vietnam for the first quarter of 2009.
- chapter 3: 10-Year Forecast. // Vietnam Business Forecast Report;2009 1st Quarter, p29
The article presents an economic forecast for Vietnam from 2009-2018.