Are Subsequences of Decimal Digits of PI Random?
- CMI-Coded Pseudorandom Data-Pattern Generator in PSpice. Ricchiuti, Vittorio // Electronic Design;07/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 15, p130
Describes the design of a coded mark inversion (CMI) pseudorandom data-pattern generator in the computer software PSpice. Use of two-level nonreturn-to-zero transmission format in CMI-coded signal; Functionality of CMI-coded pseudorandom data pattern generator subcircuit; Methods in obtaining...
- The Relevance of the Distributional Form of Common Stock Returns to the Construction of Optimal Portfolios: Reply. Frankfurter, G. M.; Lamoureux, C. G. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1989, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p131
A reply by the authors is presented to commentary on their article "The Relevance of the Distributional Form of Common Stock Returns to the Construction of Optimal Portfolios," from the December 1987 issue.
- Celestial reasoning, more on PRNGS, and a new long-term project. Holtzman, Jeff // Electronics Now;Oct98, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on random number generation in C language. Most popular algorithm for generating a seemingly random sequence of integers; Loose subset of ANSI C; Description of the command-line compiler, Small C.
- Guest Editorial. Joshi, Prashant; Violante, Massimo // Journal of Electronic Testing;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p259
The article discusses various papers published within the issue, including one on a process variation-aware statistical analysis framework for aging sensors insertion, another on the impact of performance faults in modern microprocessors and a paper on a fault analysis and evaluation of truer...
- Raspberry Pi True Random Number Generator (TRNG). // Custom PC;Mar2016, Issue 150, p96
The article offers step-by-step instructions for constructing a Raspberry Pi True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Pseudo Random Number Generator. // Network Dictionary;2007, p391
A definition of the term "pseudo random number generator (PRNG)" is presented. It refers to a software that generates a Random Number based on some algorithm. It is indicated that Pseudo Random Number remains predictable to one degree or another, and the random number generator is a pseudo...
- Analysing Humanly Generated Random Number Sequences: A Pattern-Based Approach. Schulz, Marc-André; Schmalbach, Barbara; Brugger, Peter; Witt, Karsten // PLoS ONE;Jul2012, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
In a random number generation task, participants are asked to generate a random sequence of numbers, most typically the digits 1 to 9. Such number sequences are not mathematically random, and both extent and type of bias allow one to characterize the brain's ''internal random number generator''....
- Small Private Key MQPKS on an Embedded Microprocessor. Hwajeong Seo; Jihyun Kim; Jongseok Choi; Taehwan Park; Zhe Liu; Howon Kim // Sensors (14248220);Mar2014, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p5441
Multivariate quadratic (MQ) cryptography requires the use of long public and private keys to ensure a sufficient security level, but this is not favorable to embedded systems, which have limited system resources. Recently, various approaches to MQ cryptography using reduced public keys have been...
- Generating random numbers. Holtzman, Jeff // Electronics Now;Sep98, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p22
Explains how to develop a random-number generator. Hardware solutions; Concept of random number; Basic formula for Lehmer Generator in C code; QBasic random-number generator.