ON THE WEB
- Video surveillance technology now more affordable and versatile. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;1/25/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on the benefits of video surveillance technology for businesses in Puerto Rico. Affordability for small and medium-sized businesses; More effective monitoring of a building; Growing demand for surveillance cameras.
- Is the security industry providing service quality? Webster, Chris // NZ Business;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p48
Discusses the importance of security systems in business enterprises. Measurement of the overall effectiveness of business security; Need to consider security upgrade; Causes of security problems.
- To be or not to be: The lowdown on ID badges. O'Connell, Tim // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p59
Probes the reasons behind some company's non-mandating of the wearing of identification badge. Ensuring of employee well-being through display of badges; Influence of computer culture; Cost considerations; Linking of badging policies to degree of accessibility of a facility. INSET: New bumps...
- Security Systems: Upgrade or Update? Kern, Andy // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Dec2000, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p47
Offers advice to firms on when to update or upgrade their security systems. Technological advances in the computer field; Addition of features to an existing system; Absence of a set schedule to update any security system; Movement towards a universal platform.
- Securing your business. Moore, Melissa // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul99, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p10
Discusses ways of keeping businesses as safe as possible from theft, fraud or inattentive employees. Importance of security cameras; Utilization of fingerprint recognition and thermal signature technology; Costs of security equipment.
- Tips for finding a total security provider solution. Tuchscher, Y. Rene // San Diego Business Journal;1/27/97, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p21
Provides information on how businesses in the United States can find a security service provider who can deliver a total security solution for their business. Why select an outside security provider; Importance of finding out the security provider's employee turnover rate; Finding out if the...
- On-screen security. Penalosa, Eduardo // Business Mexico;Oct1997, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p46
Focuses on the use of closed circuit television systems for company security. Beneficial use of these systems in security; Comments from Ken Tsutsumi, production manager of Sistemas de CCTV de Sony de Mexico; Estimated value of the Mexican closed circuit surveillance market annually.
- Going on the offensive. Kevany, Kevin // NZ Business;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p42
The article focuses on the innovations in security implemented by several companies in New Zealand. Nearly 3 billion U.S. dollars worth of goods were lost by New Zealand and Australian stores due to customer or employee theft in the year leading to June 30, 2010, according to the Global Retail...
- Maximize Asset Tracking. Fabsik, Sharon // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2000, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p63
Discusses the use of electronic asset tracking and management solutions by businesses. Tracking of important assets like computers as they move throughout the company buildings; Organizations' management of information technology (IT) assets that employees rely on for main job functions;...